SoCal Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sin_loki

Techno Geek
Reaction score
This was one awesome trip, props to slappy for getting this ride organized and put together! :clapping:

as I have not found the zen art of taking pictures when riding, I don't have too many ride pictures, but of a few of swapping story's and lies :lol:

my FJR feeling lonely in the parking lot

P1010007.jpg

so things don't disappear on me, my FJR bags had there own bed

P1010008.jpg

riders showing up at Starsmucks (starbucks)

P1010026.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010028.jpg

I didn't catch your name (guy with Gen I blue w/ lots of stickers), but i hope some one got a pic of me helping you "race start" your bike. hopefully you get your ride fixed quickly and you made it home safely. :rsc:

pic of every one lined up at big bear

P1010041.jpg

there is one more pic I have of all the bikes on the bridge, but don't have the software to put them to getter at the hotel, have to wait for that one.

all and all, no performance rewards during the ride (altho we did see lots of leos out today), no drops, no crashes made for a great day at big bear. was not utill we got back into town temps got up in the 100+ zone, big bear was in the nice mid 70 to low 80.

Fun ride, long day. Janet and I just pulled in. 337 miles for the day on the GPS. I will post a few pictures and our version of the story a little later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun ride, long day. Janet and I just pulled in. 337 miles for the day on the GPS. I post a few pictures and our version of the story a little later...

Great ride just under 300 miles for me. Just got home and will post up some pics soon. Thanks Slappy hope you kept the road rage down after idyllwild :lol:

Sin Loki, thanks for the bump start this morning. Bike is in the shop and being checked out. Made it home safe thanks to AAA flatbed and a few tie downs. The bike started with the bump technique and I noticed the Datel at 10.8volts and not charging! It was like a countdown to flatline. I always wondered what would happen if the voltage would drop off while riding. I do know that 11.5volts is the terminal start level. Below 11.5 it wont start. It sunk to about 6.8volts and even with rolling on the throttle it wouldnt idle, headlights were dim as expected. I coasted into the Starbucks parking lot and got some shade til the AAA showed up.

I've still got a full tank, home safe, bike dosnt even have a scratch, shop is taking care of it, and I'm alive and well.

Count me in for the next one though!!!!!