SoCal to TWN Memorial ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested in Plan C from South OC.What time would we be meeting up in SB on Saturday morning?

My guess is it will be around 8am

R
Sooooo....I should plan on leaving Pasadena around 0600 to allow time to top off the gas tank and meet everyone for the pre-ride safety discussion?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
If we need to be in SB by 8:00am and allow 2.5hrs to get there we should start out from 91fwy/15fwy area by 5:30am Saturday 9/27. How about meeting at Corona Yamaha before 5:30am departure? Near 91fwy and Lincoln ave.

91frwy West, off at Lincoln ave., make left on Pomona and take the service road along side of the 91fwy. It is about 1.5blocks up the street on the corner. You cant miss it. Big Blue sign. [SIZE=36pt]YAMAHA[/SIZE]

Woud like to make it but other family duties . A must, : have to take care of the grand son that weekend 6months old :superman2:

Hmmmm. Now that I see the times for kickstands up in Goleta, I may end up doing a modified Plan A or more likely modified Plan C.

Modified Plan C for me would be to meet the riders in Santa Maria and ride back thru Foxen Canyon and 154. It appears the ride back is just in reverse.

Anyone else thinking similar?

Another option for me would be to do a detour ride (Hwy33 Ojai ride?) on the way to Goleta and meet at the service.

Hmmmm. Now that I see the times for kickstands up in Goleta, I may end up doing a modified Plan A or more likely modified Plan C.
Modified Plan C for me would be to meet the riders in Santa Maria and ride back thru Foxen Canyon and 154. It appears the ride back is just in reverse.

Another option for me would be to do a detour ride (Hwy33 Ojai ride?) on the way to Goleta and meet at the service.
Simon, Tony and I will be in Malibu Saturday morning.

We'd be up for meeting somewhere for the ride North.

Wheels up at 8 from SB is still a little on the early side for me! 9 would be perfect.

John

Simon, Tony and I will be in Malibu Saturday morning.

We'd be up for meeting somewhere for the ride North.

Wheels up at 8 from SB is still a little on the early side for me! 9 would be perfect.

John

I am planning on riding up and back the same day. So if you don't mind another LA rider joining you for the ride up to SB , let me know where you plan to meet.

Grant (LAroo)

I was planning on meeting the ride up in Santa Maria or maybe between Solvang and Santa Maria if I time it right. I was thinking of taking the direct route from Corona 91/5/101. Maybe we can pick a spot somewhere on the 101 north enough for all of us that its not out of the way and meet there.

I was planning on meeting the ride up in Santa Maria or maybe between Solvang and Santa Maria if I time it right. I was thinking of taking the direct route from Corona 91/5/101. Maybe we can pick a spot somewhere on the 101 north enough for all of us that its not out of the way and meet there.
your best bet if you want to stay on 101 is to take Zaca Station Rd. north to to foxen Cyn Rd. it avoids a lot of tourist trap traffic

so 101 N to 154 to Los Olivos offramp to left on Zaca Station Rd

your best bet if you want to stay on 101 is to take Zaca Station Rd. north to to foxen Cyn Rd. it avoids a lot of tourist trap traffic
so 101 N to 154 to Los Olivos offramp to left on Zaca Station Rd
Thats the route I had planned. I would basically ride the same route that Duff posted but I wont be leaving from the hotel. I will try and meet them along the way. I talked my wife into going so I need to keep my route simple she has never ridden more then 200 miles in a weekend.

I am planning on riding up and back the same day. So if you don't mind another LA rider joining you for the ride up to SB , let me know where you plan to meet.Grant (LAroo)
LAroo I don't mind at all. I'm still digesting this. I would really like to do this in one day. Keep in touch with me and Jordylad.

Hmmmm. Now that I see the times for kickstands up in Goleta, I may end up doing a modified Plan A or more likely modified Plan C.Modified Plan C for me would be to meet the riders in Santa Maria and ride back thru Foxen Canyon and 154. It appears the ride back is just in reverse.

Hmmm. I'm thinking a lot now. To meet in Santa Maria and get home is a little over 400 miles and going thru LA traffic areas. early rise etc. ynotride PM me your thoughts....

I would be interested in Plan C from South OC.What time would we be meeting up in SB on Saturday morning?

My guess is it will be around 8am

R
Sooooo....I should plan on leaving Pasadena around 0600 to allow time to top off the gas tank and meet everyone for the pre-ride safety discussion?!?!
madmike2: Donna and I will be leaving Orange around 0530 and we will keep a lookout for your blue 2005. If we see you, we will just fall in behind your wake. My illegitimate bastard son posted a picture of my two-tone 2003 in post #52 here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...08562&st=40

LAroo I don't mind at all. I'm still digesting this. I would really like to do this in one day. Keep in touch with me and Jordylad.

Thanks FJRBluesman

I will keep watching this thread. I like ynotride's idea of picking somewhere on the 101 to meet. If we picked somewhere like Callabassas/Agoura/Thousand Oaks as a rallying point and aim to leave at say 7.30am, we will probably just miss the group leaving SB and catch up with them on the road to Solvang.

LAroo

I will keep watching this thread. I like ynotride's idea of picking somewhere on the 101 to meet. If we picked somewhere like Callabassas/Agoura/Thousand Oaks as a rallying point and aim to leave at say 7.30am, we will probably just miss the group leaving SB and catch up with them on the road to Solvang.LAroo
We have a few weeks here to digest this and bounce ideas around. We'll all keep in touch.

Jordylad

tonyrob

ynotride

LAroo

Bluesman

Hmmm. I'm thinking a lot now. ynotride PM me your thoughts....
Dude thats just wrong... :unsure:
You are just plain SICK! :dribble:

I'll either ride up Friday and stay in Santa Barbara two nights, ride up Saturday and stay that night (I have a reservation at the Holiday Inn for Saturday night), or "commute" from the San Fernando Valley. It all depends of whether or not one of my kids can watch the dog for one, or both nights. He's too old to kennel and the ex said she was busy. At this point, the most likely scenario is an early Saturday morning ride up and staying over in Santa Barbara that night.

Meeting along the 101 is a good idea, then SM or Solvang, all sounds good to me.

Tony and I are up for any of that.

John

Change of plans for me guys. Sold the bike last night. May still be able to get there in the car though. Ride safe!