SoCal to TWN Memorial ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MsNASCAR and I will be leaving Temecula 6:30-7 am Saturday. Anybody want to join us, please PM me for details. We will be heading straight to SB and up 154 and might run into the group on their return ride, do a U-turn and follow to group back to SB for our Super8 hotel check-in to freshen up before the services and BBQ. We are not going to bust ass to make it to SB by 8 am for the start of the ride.

My current plan is to pick my Labrador up from the ex's on Thursday night, feed him well Friday morning, and put him outside where he will stay until one of the kids show up that evening. They are now telling me that one of them will be able to watch him both Friday and Saturday nights.

So I now plan to ride up to the Holiday Inn in Goleta sometime on Firday and stay both nights. See you there. I will bring the Scotch.

We have a few weeks here to digest this and bounce ideas around. We'll all keep in touch.Jordylad

tonyrob

ynotride

LAroo

Bluesman
Hey kids - We are nearing the ride, any more thoughts on this? Anyone's plans changed or thinking different?

Sounds like jordylad, tonyrob and LAroo are looking at Saturday only, correct?

***EDIT***

I just read that tonyrob can't make it. Is everyone else still in?

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a few weeks here to digest this and bounce ideas around. We'll all keep in touch.Jordylad

tonyrob

ynotride

LAroo

Bluesman
Hey kids - We are nearing the ride, any more thoughts on this? Anyone's plans changed or thinking different?

***EDIT***

I just read that tonyrob can't make it. Is everyone else still in?

I will be leaving at 6am Saturday. My plan is to ride straight up the 101 and follow the route that was posted for the ride. The plan is to catch up to the ride either in Solvang or Santa Maria. Not sure if I want to make an addtional meeting spot because that will mean I have to leave even earlier. I am thinking it might just be easier to meet in Solvang or something so we dont end up waiting on the side of the road for people all morning.

If anyone does want to meet up I suggest we make it somewhere north on the 101 and put like a 15 minute window. If your there within the 15 minutes great we will ride together if not we will meet you later in the day :p

I won't be able to make this. Between family obligations and bike troubles, this weekend will be out of the question. Have a safe ride folks.

Correct, I am going up and back on Saturday. LAroo

If anyone does want to meet up I suggest we make it somewhere north on the 101 and put like a 15 minute window. If your there within the 15 minutes great we will ride together if not we will meet you later in the day
I totally agree. There is nothing worse than waiting for riders to turn up late. Does anyone know a Starbucks (or even a McDonalds) that is in a convient place on the 101 that is a suitable meeting point?

LAroo

MsNASCAR and I will be leaving Temecula 6:30-7 am Saturday. Anybody want to join us, please PM me for details. We will be heading straight to SB and up 154 and might run into the group on their return ride, do a U-turn and follow to group back to SB for our Super8 hotel check-in to freshen up before the services and BBQ. We are not going to bust ass to make it to SB by 8 am for the start of the ride.

I'm riding into Temecula from Salt Lake on Friday and had planned on leaving Temecula around 6a Saturday to try catching part of the ride. So yeah, sign me up! I'll PM my phone number.

Sorry guys, something's come up and I can't make it. Tonyrob is out too.

Next time........

Hey kids - I'm going to wake up a little later and just go straight up the 101 to Santa Maria Saturday, and meet the group there. I'll ride back with the group down Foxen Canyon and 154.

Anyone interested to meet up on the way up let me know.