Soft Bag By BMW fits FJR Perfectly

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice Man

Reaction score
My wife has a 2003 BMW F650 GS -- great bike. I bought her some soft bags few months ago that are made specifically for her bike -- plenty of storage. I'm leaving for an Austin, TX to Arkansas ride on Oct 12th on my 2005 FJR and wondered if her bags would fit on my FJR -- they do perfectly. It is as if BMW had the FJR in mind when they designed these bags. No time to post a photo, however, if you are interested, go to BMW's website, punch in 2003 F650GS and look at the soft bags designed for this bike. You would have to purchase two bags (they zip together -- or can be used as individual bags) plus a mounting clip. Part numbers are 028 72607671319; 028 72607671316; 028 72607671322. With these two BMW bags and the FJR side cases, I'll have more storage room than I'll need for a 5 day trip. I'll try to get a photo on the forum in next few days.

ttiwwop.gif

...go to BMW's website, punch in 2003 F650GS and look at the soft bags designed for this bike...
A link would also be nice.

Sorry - Iceman posted the link while I was asking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be looking at wrong bag. I'm referring to the Expandable Soft Bag -- item #6 on the link.

Ice Man,

Those bags look really nice. We'll all be looking forward to seeing some pics when you get back from vacation. I checked the prices at Bob's BMW and the are as follows:

Seat Bag - 139.39

Seat Bag strap - 10.39

Rack Bag - 92.39

If they work as well as you say, that's not a bad price for the amount of luggage space they provide. I've always liked soft luggage for seat/rack applications and this setup looks like a pretty versatile system. I'm thinkin' a black magic marker could hide all references as to it's origin! :p