SOLD OUT! Skooter G and Papa Chuy ride FJR's to Cabo San Lucas!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had thought my GPS might only show Rt-1 and no detail, so before I posted (ran my mouth) I wanted to be sure, so I zoomed in on the area around Cabo San Lucas and it had all of the residential streets.

Garmin also sells gps downloadable maps that cover all of Mexico, including Baja for $50. If I were planing on riding down south often, I'd buy that software.

Max, Chuck and Other Baja Travelers, Papa Chuy needs your help. My Cal-Poly SLO friend Jorge-Khunajawdge found out the Hotel California is already booked for part of our stay in Baja CA Sur. Hotel CA is booked for Sunday night, our "Land's End" 3/20/11 arrival night.

Does anyone know of another nice hotel in Todos Santos, Mexico area that can sleep 12+ M/C folks?

What about on the other side of the Peninsula? Is there a nice hotel in the Los Barrilles area?

We could stay in the Dos Cabos area at either Cabo San Lucas or Cabo San Jose at big places.

I was trying to find a quaint hotel in a rustic village, rather than "Turista Boxes" on the Beach!

Here's the tentative trip itinerary, pending our finding hotels en-route that can book 12+ riders.

Wednesday, 3/16/11: Ensenada

Thursday, 3/17/11: Bahia de Los Angeles

Friday, 3/18/11: Loreto

Saturday, 3/19/11: La Paz

Sunday, 3/20 through Tuesday night, 3/22/11: Todos Santos, Los Barrilles or Dos Cabos Area.

Wednesday, 3/23/11: Some of El Grupo is heading back to California, others to Mainland MEX.

If you've hotel leads for 12+ riders, contact me at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep-Shed.jpg

Don, are you booking this for all of us?

Joe
No Joe, everybody is doing their own booking; in case folks want to stay at nicer and more expensive locations. Khunajawdge/Wife are actually staying in Todos Santos.

Once we get to Land's End, I want people to feel free to stay where they want and do what they want. Not everybody likes sportfishing for El Dorado like Chuy does!!!

I guess I will have to start looking into this.

If you give me a heads up, I can book the same as you.

Don't need anything fancy just to sleep.

Would rather spend money on other things.

Joe

My Fellow Baja Travelers, I have been having an ongoing personal dialogue with Khunajawdge as to the exact dates and itinerary for our March Ride to Land's End on Baja California Peninsula in Mexico. We are waiting to hear from this dcarver character from my old Alma Mater Cal-Poly San Luis Obispo to see if this itinerary fits into the plans of The Kreston Kowboy Kid. Por favor, DO NOT make any hotel reservations for this Baja Run until Jorge and I do a little more fine tuning. I will then start a completely new thread for this Mexico trip. However, I do believe that Bustanut joker and SkooterG will be rooming together throughout the entire trip, a match made in Heaven!

"George, I am going to start a new thread under Regional Rides Planning. Please proofread this itinerary and approve:

WED 3/16/11-ENSENADA

THU 3/17-BAHIA DE LOS ANGELES

FRI 3/18-LORETO

SAT 3/19-LA PAZ

SUN 3/20-LAND'S END

MON 3/21-LAND'S END

TUE 3/22-LAND'S END

WED 3/23-LAND'S END

THU 3/24/11-NORTHBOUND

At this point in time I have no idea who is going Northbound with you, or getting on the ferry with me to Mazatlan. DS"

However, I do believe that Bustanut joker and SkooterG will be rooming together throughout the entire trip, a match made in Heaven!
Ya know.... Shipping your Christmas gift this year is going to be quite pricey donkey nuts..

A case each of Syphilis,Gonorrhea,Herpes,Diaper rash,and Sheep flu ain't gonna be cheap.

But my friend... You're worth it!

:jester: