something to cover lower saddlebags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s.ga.rider

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any type of decals that are made for the lower painted part of the saddlebags? The original owner I bought my fjr must have dropped the bike or bag and put some scratches on it so I was looking for something to cover it up with. I havent had good luck in the past with color rite touch up paint and noticed a lot of people have reflective decals on the upper parts.

That is actually a great idea. My bags need some boo-boo "cover-ups" too. Why not make it a reflective decal of some kind that actually enhances safety? I like it! :thumbsup:

It may be a bit tough since that part of the bag lid is a compound convex shape. But it's probably worth dropping a bug in Alex's ear (he's the one that makes those reflective rear decals) and see what he can come up with.

I would buy lots of these... Shit two stickers for each bag, top and bottom of that that rubber thingy.

-MD

Yeah, no.

I don't want clear, clear won't hide the scratches and scuffs.

And I'm way too lazy to make my own. I'm just saying, if Alex made an off the shelf solution, cut to match the bags contour, that was reflective and hid the scars, I'd be all over it.

-MD

Have gone to Ebay and bought large white 3m reflective tape and added it to rear facing side of bag. You can find same there in bulk and will have to cut to fit. Maybe pricey also, but were worth it :) good luck

There was one of the guys at SFO '12 that had covers for his. They were neoprene covers and looked very cool.

They just stretched over portion of the side cases. Very simple!

I can't remember who it was.

I very well may want to try the spray on truck bed-liner on the lower part of the bags, and maybe also on the front lower triangle as that is pretty heavily sandblasted now, even with a Fendah Extenda on for most of its life.

How well does that stuff stand up to road spray?

Last edited by a moderator:
There was one of the guys at SFO '12 that had covers for his. They were neoprene covers and looked very cool.

They just stretched over portion of the side cases. Very simple!

I can't remember who it was.
I'd be interested in finding something like these. I've seen a picture but didn't stash away a source. These covered the edges of the bags, where the two halves fit together, but left the center of the lids visible.

My left bag was rashed pretty well previously when it fell off the bike (wasn't locked down); right bag is dinged from a drop or low speed lowside. I don't need them to look new, just not be conversation starters :)