Sorry, but I have no complaints on the 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just have to make my little opinion known. I have absolutly no comlaints about the 06 FJR. I'm too busy riding the f*ck'in thing to find time to complain about stupid sh*t. :argue:

Cheers

You get the little known, but highly coveted FJRForum Administrator Award For Not Whining Cup !

fanamemarblecup.jpg

Way to go! :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: You can print the cup out and put it on your refrigerator if you're not too busy racking up miles on this fine machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always good to hear someone who has no complaints.

I have no problem bringing up the issues that I think can and should be improved upon, but that doesn't stop me from saying that I love it. Heck, I've had it for about 7 weeks and already am pushing 3,000 miles. And that's all pleasure - weekend only riding.

Thanks for posting!!!

I just have to make my little opinion known. I have absolutly no comlaints about the 06 FJR. I'm too busy riding the f*ck'in thing to find time to complain about stupid sh*t. :argue:
Cheers
You've probably had it for a little while now, haven't you, DDFF?

If so, it's probably gotten some dirt on it by now, yes?

Prolly time to consider selling it, then......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No worries; we seem to go through this angst-filled period with every wave of new FJR owners..... invaribly, some of the more vocal newbies express concern that their shit isn't perfect, so we get to listen to what a POS this bike is for several weeks/months..... and this phenominon has been happening every summer since the bikes arrived in CONUS in 2002. The new owners will either get acclimated, or they won't.

Personally, I can see making significant adjustments right out of the crate when it comes to actual riding ergos - seats, bar risers, wind screens, etc, etc - but when it comes to dicking around with mission-critical components, that's a different story.

OTOH... it's their bike to either dick-up or enjoy as they see fit, so....
shrug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, crap. How can we dog pile that post, Durka? Kudos, bro. :good:

Now, about your name, well, where can we start? :grin:

Well, crap. How can we dog pile that post, Durka?
Well, for starters, f*ck'in is an improper contraction. It should be f*ckin'. The apostrophe goes in place of the missing letter(s). You must have gotten an "A" model. There is way too much wrong with the "AE" (besides the color) to ever make anybody (besides TurboDave) happy.
But seriously, I could pick apart anything if it were my nature. I choose to enjoy that which I paid way too much for. :derisive:

Personally, I can see making significant adjustments right out of the crate when it comes to actual riding ergos - seats, bar risers, wind screens, etc, etc - but when it comes to dicking around with mission-critical components, that's a different story.
OTOH... it's their bike to either dick-up or enjoy as they see fit, so....
shrug.gif
It's not just the bike that's at risk. Just yesterday, right after I started trying to dick-up my bike, I turned completely gay. So, uh, there's that, too.

You get the little known, but highly coveted FJRForum Administrator Award For Not Whining Cup !
Hey that's not fair... I don't whine and I haven't gotten an award. That is so not fair!

:angry:

Oh wait, I guess I am whining... oh well, there goes that award!

:rolleyes:

Hey that's not fair... I don't whine and I haven't gotten an award. That is so not fair!

:angry:

Oh wait, I guess I am whining... oh well, there goes that award!

:rolleyes:
So sorry. Here's your award:

Gouda%204.5kg.jpg

Cheers

Go guy. A few of us have been saying this. Wish I had thought to just start a thread blaring: I LIKE THIS BIKE! Is that whining?

Some of us enjoy instant throttle response when we twist our wrist.

Oh, christ, kids....try to ride a motorcycle 100 years ago. I like my wine dry and cheap....say...hm.....mad dog?

I have to say that I love my 06 as well. There's always some adjustments with a new love:( throttle spring, cable slack and the jumper mod ), but once you have 'er tweeked ... Sahweeeeet love baby !! :yahoo:

1947757543991765904_rs.jpg

Cheers

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for that post. I was beginning to think I had a factory defected bike.