Sound system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 120v is converting from 120v AC to 12v DC. The MP3 runs on 12v DC.

I responded to your query about the new S50 Sirius SatRad on the other thread. Stopped at Best Buy yesterday and the thing is the shit! I'd be a bit nervous of the head unit falling off at speed, though, when mounted on the bike...

Last edited by a moderator:
I responded to your query about the new S50 Sirius SatRad on the other thread. Stopped at Best Buy yesterday and the thing is the shit! I'd be a bit nervous of the head unit falling off at speed, though, when mounted on the bike...
So what type of adapter from the powerlet would I need to go to the mp3?

On the other thread I asked probably another stupid question and thanks so much for all your help.

When you post stuff like this it makes me realize how stupid I am being.

I am over thinking this stuff way too much. It runs on batteries so it must be DC.

Doh!!!

It's called having a 'brain fart'. Get used to it. It gets worse...
I have a powerlet for the bike on the way.

I am trying to figure out all the stuff I need before I get into it.

Not having my hands on it makes it even tougher(still no excuse)

I do however still need the cigarette adapter for the mp3

Does Powerlet make one?

It's called having a 'brain fart'.  Get used to it.  It gets worse...

Does Powerlet make one?
Geeze, Sparky! You want me to install it for you too!? ;) :p :lol:

https://www.powerletproducts.com/products/plugs_sockets.php

It's called having a 'brain fart'.  Get used to it.  It gets worse...

Does Powerlet make one?
Geeze, Sparky! You want me to install it for you too!? ;) :p :lol:

https://www.powerletproducts.com/products/plugs_sockets.php
I know I am being difficult. Since I don't have the mp3 yet I don't know what end it takes. Plus would need the other end that goes in the powerlet outlet.

I am asking because I figured someone knew which one I would need without me having to have the particular mp3 in hand...

Thanks for your patience...

Oh, wait a minute...

You're asking for the charge cord from the powerlet to the player... d'oh!

Go to the Shack. They have a charger with a bazillion different connectors. I forget the brand name, but it's displayed on a stand-alone spinny stand. You'll need the small USB adapter. Friggin' thing is pricey, though... 30 bucks OTD.

Edit to add, I got this one so I just need one charge cord and several different adapters to charge my various gizmos...

Oh, wait a minute...
You're asking for the charge cord from the powerlet to the player... d'oh!

Go to the Shack. They have a charger with a bazillion different connectors. I forget the brand name, but it's displayed on a stand-alone spinny stand. You'll need the small USB adapter. Friggin' thing is pricey, though... 30 bucks OTD.

Edit to add, I got this one so I just need one charge cord and several different adapters to charge my various gizmos...
Well, the 8GB player only charges by usb. That is why I am looking at the 6gb as it can be charged with a normal outlet.

Yes, I have a powerlet outlet for the front fairing on order. Should be here next week.

I will need something to plug into that outlet and hook into the Creative mp3 player.

The Powerlet at your panel is a BMW type and size. You need to get one of the Powerlet adapters to stick into it, then your charger into that. Go back to the link I provided to choose your adapter.

The Shack charger you posted is not the one that I have. Sorry, but I'm having major brain fade and can't remember the brand name. When I get home, I'll post it for you.

I-Go is the brand name for the charge/power cord from the Shack. Here's some photos for you...

The black dual socket gizmo is from Powerlet. They no longer make it. Note the size difference between the Powerlet plug (left) and the I-Go. Note the mini USB connector on the end.

IMG_1290.jpg

Powerlet plugged into the fairing mounted socket.

IMG_1292.jpg

I-Go to MP3 and SatRad plugged in.

IMG_1293.jpg

The whole shebang...

IMG_1294.jpg

Thanks TWN that really cleared things up for me. I am much more hands on. Pictures worth a thousand words.

Hands on what I won't say :D