source for "hard rubber"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a right extension out of aluminum. I would post the solid drawing like Skyway, but I don't see how. It looked like a monster and vibrated a lot so I gave up on the idea and decided to go up and out instead with a round disk. It just got too complicated so well into it I quit. Hope you all have better luck.

I ordered, shaped and drilled two pieces of delrin for my risers but could not find bolt extensions I was happy with [ one of the joys of rual life ].I did , however, find a set of commercial risers that ,with a little work, have worked just fine.

They are SW- Motech mirror wideners from Twistedthrottle.com.

I bought the ones for the FZ-1 [ iirc about $70 ]

Due to the mounting location on the faring,these moved my mirrors forward a little and out about 3/4 of an inch. which works just fine for me - no more elbows.

The extenders are shaped to fit the FZ-1 stems and needed to be shaped to fit my stock mirror stems - no problem I just ground them down to look better. They fit fine ,this was esthetic grinding.

Sorry, I'm a Luddite, so no pics.

Bringing this one back out of hibernation...Does anyone have pics of Gen 2 Mirror Extenders installed?

So far, these seem to be the only marketed solutions:

SW-Motech from twisted throttle. Listed for Gen-1 only. $65. Since FZ1 mirrors fit both Gen 1 and 2, shouldn't these?

Wild Hair Extensions Listed 1/2 down the page under "Custom Parts." $70. Apparently fits Gen 1 and 2.

Last edited by a moderator: