Source for Steering Stem Spanner Wrench?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAF

Reaction score
Is there an aftermarket? Ready to do riser triple tree, and re-spring the front forks, would like to check it just for me while I am there.

Damn.. Try and mess with somebody.
Hey! at least I got the letter count in the name right!

:jester:
Well as always I searched, found Roy and can not send him a message as his inbox is full. So moved on and posted.

So any other suggestions?

Just the plain steering spanner can be found at Wild Hair Accessories for $25; about 2/3 the way down the page. With some serious shopping you can find the OEM tool for ~$33

Clickable pic

If you can't find one for yourself, I'll mail my OEM tool to you - if you promise to promptly return it. PM me for address info.

I've got one of Roy's tools if you want to borrow it. Send me a PM with an address.
Thank you I think I have it covered but if anything happens I will take you up on it.

Again very nice of you to offer.

Regards,

Lee

I hope with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

Don't give up on Just Roy. The "socket" he made works very well. At least the one I have from him does. I hope he sees this thread and gets back to you.

mr.paul

Well I hope Roy's ok. I've been waiting on my socket for several months and now his "inbox" is full. Hopefully he's just really busy or taking a break for awhile.

I broke down and bought the OEM tool, which I will promptly sell on here if I get the far superior version from Roy.

You can make one with a bit of steel pipe, steel plate, nut, welding kit, hack saw, angle grinder to tidy up those weld splats and sharp edges :)

Andy

You can make one with a bit of steel pipe, steel plate, nut, welding kit, hack saw, angle grinder to tidy up those weld splats and sharp edges :)

Andy
Most of us aren't MacGyver :lol:

Wow this came up from the past.

A Forum member sent me his and got mine done.

I gave up on Roy long ago. Probably busy with other things in his life.

I did buy a Factory one so I have it covered now.

Wow this came up from the past.
I'm not one to make a habit of post resurrection. However, I thought this would be good info to share since this wrench is hard to find. I hope it helps someone out.