Southeastern Ohio Leaf Peeping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drc32-0

Reaction score
Usually when you think of fall color picture you think of waterfalls or old barns or maybe a covered bridge.Not me...I think of roads,nice twisty roads.Here's a small selection of twisty roads around southeastern Ohio...

IMG_1542.jpg

Any ride around here should include a little time on SR555.This picture and the next two are from the area south of the small town of Ringgold.

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

If you are travelling north on 555 a left turn at Ringgold will take you on SR78 towards Burr Oak state park.This section of 78 has some tight sweepers and a few even tighter twisties like this...

IMG_1572.jpg

...and this

IMG_1590.jpg

The Hocking Hills area is one of the more scenic areas in Ohio and a favorite of motorcycle riders.This is from Big Pine road a beautiful secondary road in H.H.

IMG_1603.jpg

SR374 from SR180 to SR33 is one of those not to be missed roads.

IMG_1610.jpg

More 374.

IMG_1611.jpg

There is a hill on 374 that has an excellent series of twists,this is one small section looking up the hill.

IMG_1612.jpg

Looking down the hill from the same spot.

IMG_1623.jpg

Clear Creek road is a scenic forest road a little north of the Hocking Hils area.As you are going down this road the first time you have no idea what waits at mid turn after this sign.

IMG_1621.jpg

This is the reason the road narrows and can be a real attention getter at mid turn...a bad place for target fixation!

IMG_1627.jpg

Another colorful rock wall on Clear Creek road.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey DRC,

I'm new here but would love to see some pics from Hamilton County OH. I grew up in SW Ohio and learned to rise there. I know how pretty it can be (and how cold)

A good ride at this time of the year is to go over into Indiana and south to Nashville, IN. Should be pretty about now.

Safe riding,

Mac

Great Pics. I wsn't able to make it down there this year. :angry2: So when the 2010 riding season starts, SE OH is very high on the list of places to visit first.

Usually when you think of fall color picture you think of waterfalls or old barns or maybe a covered bridge.Not me...I think of roads,nice twisty roads.
I think of wet leaves covering the nice twisty roads . . . .

I've been through SE Ohio quite a few times over the years on my way from Florida to Michigan. Don't know that I've been on these particular roads, but it is great riding every time I go.

I'll note these roads and get to them next time I go!

Great shots Denny. :clapping:

Hopefully I can get back to SE Ohio one more time before the snow flies this year.

Great pics and some nice looking roads. Fortunately for you the leaves were all on the side of the road. Not tha case for part our trip this weekend. A lot of leaves and debris after the storm. thanks for sharing.

Great looking roads! I will be passing through this area next spring and will be sure to try to include some of these roads.

Great looking roads! I will be passing through this area next spring and will be sure to try to include some of these roads.
There is a chance that there will be a Spring Ohio Ramble in that area. If yer interested in riding with others, keep your eyes peeled during the wintertime, to see what dates we end up riding this area.