Speed Bleeders for '09 FJR w/ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisJ

Reaction score
Anyone using Speed Bleeders on their '09 FJR w/ABS. Their Motorcycle Application chart only covers up to year 2008.

It looks like 3 ea SB8125 for the Front, 1 ea SB7100 for the Rear, and 1 ea SB8125 for the clutch. Can anyone confirm?

Winter seems to be making an entrance here in the Seattle area and I will be riding less and using maintenance as poor substitute until it warms up again.

I have the SB8125L M8x 1.25 for the front brakes and clutch (4) and SB7100 M7x10 for the rear brake

I have a couple of the silicon hoses from previous orders of Speed Bleeders for other vehicles. I find this handly because I can almost always find one of them almost immediately. Takes a more determined search sometimes. <_<

Instead of a speed bleeders dedicated to each bike I've ever had, I got a Mighty Vac. It works on all brakes (even cars and trucks) with the single purchase. It's also a single person job without having to move back and forth between the controls and the bleeder.

Instead of a speed bleeders dedicated to each bike I've ever had, I got a Mighty Vac. It works on all brakes (even cars and trucks) with the single purchase. It's also a single person job without having to move back and forth between the controls and the bleeder.
+1 on the Mighty Vac...been using only that for years.

I've had the Mighty Vac for years too. I prefer the speed bleeders. :huh:

I've had the Mighty Vac for years too. I prefer the speed bleeders. :huh:

Same here. Love the Speed Bleeders on my SuperHawk, but I need to get a set for the FJR.

Anyone have a preferred Forum Friendly Vendor to use for buying these?

I know not too hard to find but would spend my money at "home" if possible.

TIA

It's also a single person job without having to move back and forth between the controls and the bleeder.
Huh? You know that speed bleeders make bleeding a one person job, doncha?

Yep. With the speed bleeders, it's an easy 5 minute job to change the fluid and bleed the brakes. In fact, speed bleeders make it an easy "by the side of the road" fix if you have brake issues on a trip.

I love my Speed Bleeders. Zsdad mentioned buying them from Alex. I'll second that. If you call him, he'll know exactly what you need, give you a forum discount on an already well priced item, and provide awesome customer service.

These will be one of the first things I install on any bike I ever buy. Makes bleeding the brakes and clutch VERY easy.

1-847-282-0107

https://mishacycles.com/store/

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually just pulled this off the other site. Alex was responding to the same question there...Seems to be common lately:

"Sorry was out of town for a few days. 09 is the same as 08 and you have made correct selection SB8125L and 7100. Remember that front right lower bleeder is connected to a rear and not the front."

I love my Speed Bleeders. Zsdad mentioned buying them from Alex. I'll second that. If you call him, he'll know exactly what you need, give you a forum discount on an already well priced item, and provide awesome customer service.
These will be one of the first things I install on any bike I ever buy. Makes bleeding the brakes and clutch VERY easy.

1-847-282-0107

Is he still in business? I ordered a set a week or two ago but have not received them. Tried calling and only get answering machine. Left messages but no response.

I've had the Mighty Vac for years too. I prefer the speed bleeders.
huh.gif
Yep. Me too. Couldn't get the rear bled right with the Mighty Vac but the SB's did the trick. IMO, the most convenient way to bleed 'em.

1-847-282-0107

Is he still in business? I ordered a set a week or two ago but have not received them. Tried calling and only get answering machine. Left messages but no response.
I'm guessing either not or something else is going on. I tried to contact him about ordering front brake pads but never got a response.