Speed Bleeders for '09 FJR w/ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Go where you get good service. If Alex isn't up to it, then I know I have had great service at BikeEffects...one of our own.

"Well. Go where you get good service. If Alex isn't up to it, then I know I have had great service at BikeEffects...one of our own."
True dat
coolsmiley02.gif
! I've never purchased anything from bike effects. I have ordered from kirbys brake bleeders. When I ordered some per the speedbleeders catalog for a car and pickup and some turned out to be wrong, not only did he promptly send me the correct ones (I measured the old while they were out), I did not have to return the old ones and more importantly he contacted the mfr to update the catalog so someone else didn't go through it too. It's even cheaper if you go through his ebay store, in some cases (like the SB8125LL we use) less than half of what bike effects wants for the steel one and 20% less for stainless steel.

I've been having problems with the speedbleeders on my dirt bike. When I first install them they work as advertised but when I go the bleed the brakes after a year most times the check valve inside the bleeder is siezed and the bleeder will not operate. I ended up reinstalling the original bleeders and yes I did have the caps on the speedbleeders so it should not have been a dirt issue.

I've been having problems with the speedbleeders on my dirt bike. When I first install them they work as advertised but when I go the bleed the brakes after a year most times the check valve inside the bleeder is siezed and the bleeder will not operate. I ended up reinstalling the original bleeders and yes I did have the caps on the speedbleeders so it should not have been a dirt issue.
Strange, first I've heard a first-hand acct of a failure. Mine have been on my bike at least 5 yrs and worked last spring when I changed fluids and I'm ass-u-me-ing they'll work next spring.

You did loosen them a little when attempting to bleed fluid, right
rolleyes.gif
?

Have any of you GenIIIers installed speed bleeders. I went thru the list on Kirbys Ebay store and no listing. I also checked with BikeEffects and they called me stating they were not sure if the GenII will work. They said they were going to call the mfg to check and let me know. I have not yet gotten a reply. I also sent Kirby's an email asking if they have the correct items. If any of you have an answer I would appreciate knowing. Thanks!!

Just received a reply from Kirby's and they do not have a part number for the FJR 2014 model year. Have any of you with a 2013 installed speed bleeders? I would think there is not difference btwn the two bikes.

There is no difference. As far as I know calipers are the same from 06-14.

The exercise of checking part numbers on Yamaha's online parts fiche of the various model years is left to you, the dear reader.

OK, thanks Scooter. I'm kinda lazy. That's why I asked if any GenIII owners have installed speed bleeders. I'll call the dealer where I bought the bike. They owe me since I had to pay MSRP for the bike.