Speed Bleeders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Speed Bleeders all around for my non-ABS 2005.

I received 3 bleeders of one part number, and 1 of a different part number. The 3 similar bleeders were for the front and clutch, the single different bleeder was for the rear.

I ordered Speed Bleeders all around for my non-ABS 2005.
I received 3 bleeders of one part number, and 1 of a different part number. The 3 similar bleeders were for the front and clutch, the single different bleeder was for the rear.
How did you know which part number to order? Who told you to order the different bleeder for the right and the left front brake? Did you talk to someone at Speed Bleeder?

I have a 2004 FJR w/ABS. Used (2) SB 8125L for left front & clutch slave (1) SB7100 for rear, (1) SB8125LL right front
I guess Pending got the correct sizes and I will have to call SB myself to straighten out the mess. I assume that I ordered the wrong size for the right front. I also checked the OEM part numbers on the Yamaha website and they are different numbers for front of the 2004 ABS FJR. Don't know what the difference is, but I assume it is the thread. I am also dissapointed with Speed Bleeders. They should know or make sure that they have the correct replacement bleeder size listed on their site. After all I did tell them that I have a 2004 w/ ABS.

I really don't want to dick up the threads on the brakes by installing the wrong Speed Bleeders.

Last edited by a moderator:
the rear is SB7100 M7 x 1.0 1.38" left front & clutch are SB8125L M8 x 1.25 1.25" the right front needs to be a little longer SB8125LL M8 x 1.25 1.5" this is what I used on my '04 abs I read on another fjr site about a guy saying the front right was not long enough & he ended up getting the SB8125LL which is 1/4" longer. I'd get the Stainless Steel version. Speedbleeds own web site shows an SB 7100 for the clutch, that's wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending,

thanks for the great information on the part numbers switcharoo. I am in contact with the company to get this straightened out. I am now waiting for an answer.

Thanks

Thanks, everyone, for you information and stories. I am still assuming that I have the right parts (three different bleeders for four locations) and the right information as to where each of them goes.

Get it right, Joe or Warchild's gonna piss on your tombstone iffin' you don't! :D

I'm working up the courage to get mine done this weekend or next...

Gonna tackle it myself. Gotta learn to do most of the maintenance myself cuz' it seems I can't get out of the dealer's shop for less than $200/visit.

Wanna tag team it or are you dropping it off at the shop?

Pardon a stupid question, but I'm probably overlooking something pretty simple here.

Rather than fitting bleeder screws that each contain their own check valves, why not use a length of nylon tubing that has a check valve in its end that fits on the stock bleeder?

It's been a number of years since I bled my own clutch or brake lines, but I remember using just such a device that I picked up from the local auto parts store for a few bucks. Made the operation a simple, one person job (as opposed to one job for a simple person ;) ), and didn't entail the hassle of installing new bleed valves in each brake and clutch system.

Since you have to install a drain line anyway, what's the advantage of the individual speed bleeders?