Spencer Seat Mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can't comment specifically on how satisfactory the Spencer seat modification is to the FJR seat (I have a Russell), I can say that I had it done to my Honda 919. Prior to the modification the seat was overly plush and tended to compact down to the pan over a 100 miles or so. Since the Spencer seat mod (w/ Supracor) to the 919, it really transformed the bike and made it very tolerable, if not comfortable for a 300+ mile ride without suffering noticeable foam compacting. The service was very quick and he addressed all of my concerns... I'd highly recommend it prior to making the hefty investment into a custom or all-up aftermarket seat because you just may find that the $75 is all you need to spend! That being said however, I do absolutely love my Russell for the FJR...

gp74,

Many thanks for inquiring about Spencers Motocare and his seat mods. I sent Spencer my seats last Saturday via Fedex and he had them by Tuesday. He performed his magic and I had the seats back by Thursday (yesterday). Extremely quick turnaround by Spencer. I asked Spencer to lower the seat and his maximum for the FJR is 1". He also used the Supracor LD material. Total cost for both seats $100 plus shipping.

I took the bike out for the first time this morning and noticed two important changes. I'm flat footing with ease (30" inseam), and the boys (jewels, junk, package or whatever you call them these days) were much more comfortable. Took a decent ride from St. Lucie West to Riverside Park in Vero Beach (about an hour liesurely ride) and the arse end was noticeably more comfortable than before the mods. Spencer says that it takes a few tanks of gas to break in the seat, but I'm enjoying it already.

I also have an Alaska Leathers sheepskin that I have been using, but I'm holding that aside until I get the seat reformed to my anatomy. Spencer does endorse their products, so I'm sure the combination will really be great.

Bob

I'd agree with this. Had mine about 3K miles now. Very slight improvement on a long day. Just enough to make it worth the small outlay of cash. But though I specifically asked about reducing the forward slant, that wasn't changed at all.

https://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

I think Spencer did what he advertised. It just wasn't enough for me. It didn't get me close to having a bareable ride for 400 miles.

I'm on an '08. I'm 6-1' and weigh 170. I have little ass muscle between my sit bones and the seat. I ended up trading the Spencer to another member and got his stock drivers. I had the stocker refitted/reformed by a local shop and so far it is a huge improvement and at just 2x the spencer cost. Nothing bad about spencer, it just didn't work for me. Others' testimony clearly demonstrates that it is a good mod for the right bod.

Lee