Split: Buying FJR in Canada & Importing to US

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to ArkanSTOC and one other STOC event (can't remember). Good bunch of guys in that group.
Cool! Dale Wilson, aka Warchild, was one of the founders of WeSTOC back in '96. I know he still has an FJR but haven't bumped into him since I started 'lurking' around here.

FYI...if the rear shock goes on the ES...it will eat up your savings in one bite...JSNS
I'll bet! Lot's of good advice from you guys here. Thx!

FWIW

I won a YES warranty at a US event when I was riding a V*1300. Yamaha USA was stumped when I told them I was a Canadian. It took about 3-4 months before the Canadian equivalent was offered to me by Yamaha Canada, and I lost a yr of coverage. Yamaha Canada has history with Yamaha Europe, this is why some things are different.

If you do purchase a Canadian bike, you will get the red key and immobilizer, you wont get bag liners, and best of all, you will have French/English safety stickers to remove! Owners manual is bilingual too.

-Steve

You can get a 2015 ES in Quebec for $15495... With the actual exchange rate this is US$ 11333. Add $4000CAN for a 2016. Your price in Calgary was for a 2015 also?

But then it's two additional 1000-mile days to bring it home.
smile.png

Alberta is the only province where you won't get hit with additional tax (you might get it back after the fact, but I have never managed to get a tax refund from the Province of Quebec - they stonewall you endlessly and will only respond in French).

Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-python-16581100-845-468.jpg

If you buy in Calgary, I'll deliver it to you, all broken in!
smile.png

Canadian retail on an ES is $19,500CDN. https://blackfootonline.com/moto_productdetail.php?id=4964

Good deal on a 2015 ES: https://blackfootonline.com/moto_productdetail.php?id=4634 I'm sure you could knock another $1000 off that price.

$17,500 is a screaming deal for a 2016 ES. Who is the dealer? Someone here could probably give you feedback as to whether they will be straight with you.

Last edited by a moderator: