Sport Touring Bikes Available for Rent in San Francisco

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Road

Reaction score
Hi all,

My intent here is not to spam, I just want the FJR community to know that there is a motorcycle rental company with a new FJR available for rent in San Francisco. By popular demand, I recently purchased a new FJR for our rental fleet. Our BMW R1200 RT has been our best renter therefore I have added all of the most popular Sport Touring motorcycles to our fleet of available motorcycles for rent. We now have two BMW R1200 RT’s, two Honda ST1300’s, one Kawasaki Concours 14, and one Yamaha FJR 1300. All bikes are new 2007 or 2008 models. If you are in the area come on by and say hello. We are open 7 days from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We are located at 123 South Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco, our web site is www.TheThunderRoad.Com; and our toll free number is 888 400-THUNDER (8486). I will keep you guys updated with info on the bike as the miles rack up and let you know if there are any issues we have with the bike. Thanks!

Regards,

Michael McIntyre

President

Thunder Road Motorsports

415 934-8411

You may want to consider getting a real web site before you start advertising your URL. Nothing more aggravating than wanting to get some rates off a site from some entity pushing themselves and find you can't get anything but a phone number and that's about it when you go there.

I've used Dubbelju in the past and so far I'd stick with them.

\Nothing more aggravating than wanting to get some rates off a site from some entity pushing themselves and find you can't get anything but a phone number and that's about it when you go there.
Did you mistype the URL? I got a full site with rates and everything. clicky

\Nothing more aggravating than wanting to get some rates off a site from some entity pushing themselves and find you can't get anything but a phone number and that's about it when you go there.
Did you mistype the URL? I got a full site with rates and everything. clicky
Hee, hee. Insert foot in mouth & you owe an apology Inlaw1 !! I'd like to say a lot more, but I'll be nice, Sunday morning and all.

[Edit:] Can't resist after seeing Inlaw1 have the nerve to recommend direct competitors (eg. same city) on this thread - Inlaw1 you're an a##hole. Get lost. You are nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,thats pretty cool,go rent,see if you REALLY like it! :)
It's a shame more beginning riders don't have acess to rentals. It's hard enough trying to find the right bike but most dealers don't allow test drives and they certainly don't allow you to take off for a weekend with the bike.

When I got my MC license, I thought I wanted a Honda Shadow 750 like a buddy had. I rented one from Eagle Rider of Nashville, TN and I am so glad I did.

What a POS that bike was... :)

Actually, the bike was fine. I'm just a gigantic lump and the poor bike couldn't take the pain. :)

But I was able to subsequently rent a Harley, a VTX 1300 and a ST1300 - three very different bikes that needed to be ridden differently. I loved the experience and recommend it to all new riders.

Hee, hee. Insert foot in mouth & you owe an apology Inlaw1 !!
DOH! I hate it when that happens. Yep, left out "the" when typing the URL. My bad, and I do apologize to the original poster. I hope that was clear, since I have my foot in mouth. :blushing:

We've been planning on shipping my FJR to SF for a ride next year but I'll now have to look closer at this option.

[Edit:] Inlaw1 you're an a##hole. Get lost. You are nothing.
That's real big of you. My experience on the net has been that someone who throws this type of description at others, usually deserves that description themselves.