SPOT - Emergency situations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a SPOT, nows the time. Cabela's has a rebate coupon; buy the SPOT, sign up for two years, get the purchase price refunded. Not a bad deal.
Heres a link. to the promotion.

The 2 year basic service is nearly $200 and the tracking is $50 per year, so its still kinda spendy. Then again, how can you put a price on the safety and security of you or a loved one.

Link is: https://here's the link to the promotion, good btw till the end of the year/

Please edit your code...

I looked at the Cabelas ad and I noticed that the rebates says it's for the Spot Personal Messenger. Looking at the Cabelas website they state that they are selling the Spot Personal Messenger, but what is in the photo is the Spot Tracker. I emailed their customer service and asked them to clarify the situation for me. Are they selling the Personal Messenger or the Tracker and is the rebate good for the Tracker or the Messenger. The response I got back was that they are not selling the Personal Messenger. They are selling the Tracker only and the rebate is good for the Messenger only. So they have a rebate for a unit they don't even sell. So I again emailed them asking to clarify that they are in fact offering a rebate for something they don't sell. The response I got back was a simple yes the rebate is good for a product that they do not sell. They can say that with a straight face like it's a normal business practice. I don't even know what to say to that. Wow!

OK after a few more emails with Cabelas, I think they finally understand what I was trying to tell them. They were not aware of the new Spot II and the renaming of the product line. They get it now and will be updating their catalog information to reflect the correct product information. Until then, the Cabelas rebate which states "Spot Messenger" will be honored for the Spot Tracker, which they are actually selling. I'm still holding out for the Spot II Messenger.

If you want a SPOT, nows the time. Cabela's has a rebate coupon; buy the SPOT, sign up for two years, get the purchase price refunded. Not a bad deal.

The 2 year basic service is nearly $200 and the tracking is $50 per year, so its still kinda spendy. Then again, how can you put a price on the safety and security of you or a loved one.

Link is: https://here's the link to the promotion, good btw till the end of the year/

Please edit your code...
Link fixed. Sorry about that.

Please edit your code...
All of these links are still broke.com

Please edit your code...
All of these links are still broke.com

The first link worked for me earlier, but fails now. Maybe Cabelas is working on their problem. :dntknw:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

SPOT II is now available to order. $150.00

I'll wait until I hear what the deal is from SPOT for current owners to upgrade, or for Black Friday, and see what happens.

My current subscription is good until next year....

Small print shows unit can be backordered and is out of stock at REI.
I saw a post an another board that REI received more units than expected to fill the advance orders and they should be able to fill new orders before Oct. 10th.

REI in Fresno has a couple SPOT II Messengers in stock and I bought one yesterday. A quick google search ferreted out a promo code to get the 12 month unlimited tracking for free, which saves you $49. promo code: HUNTINGLIFE23 There are probably other promo codes a well, but that was the first one that popped up for me. Saves you a little cash anyway.