Spring PNW Tech Meet #14 - May 2nd

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the late notice, but I won't be able to attend Saturday. ~major brake issues on my stepson's car and I can only do it on Saturday. (metal on metal) I'll try and drop in late.

I'll miss all those smiling faces.
bike.gif

Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 2nd at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart +2

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Barabus & Mrs.

Ignacio

JamesW

redneckj

SeattleTy

blufjr

gbrmksmith

BillJr2013

Salish1300

n2osx

wingshot

sportsguy

RoadTrip

Chazglenn3

BobbyBlue

WHS

dennisJ

JohnnyB

dagwood

Fontanaman

blubyu

BritRider

Paramonkreel

Greysabor

Irish Phil

allrider +2

timla

The list is updated! Looks like good weather 65ish partly sunny and a great turn out expected

Looks like a another great event with weather to match. Please pick a date with warm sunny weather for the fall Tech Day.

Bryan, I know it's late in the game but I would like to attend. Please pm me with your address in case I get lost. I could use some help bleeding front brakes.

George, see you at Carnation Starbucks 8AM
smile.png

Sorry, but due to an incident at work, I will be unable to attend... damn convicts screw up everything.

WHS

I'm getting excited to attend! I have picked up the brake fluid, headlights and air filter. I picked up oil, filter and final drive fluid but I have done that before and will do that at home sometime.

I would like to see what the ground issue is that people have. I played a video from my phone of an intermittent start issue I have to the service tech at Skagit Power Sports yesterday. I was thinking possible starter or something and when he looked at the short video he immediately said most likely a ground or possible corrosion/dirt build up in the starter switch. I had them replace the battery about 3 weeks ago so they know that's not it. Anyway I want to see what issue other people have to see if it's the same or different.

I'm also caught between heading down I-5 and then cut over to Auburn or heading out to Monroe and catching up with everyone. Is it a hard place to find, easier to get to from the back roads or just cool to catch up with everyone and ride in together?

Scott

I ran out of fingers and toe's to count on but I guessing around 44 inmates.

If your not going to work on your bike, please park on road [you will understand when you get there
smile.png
]. I'm thinking the drive way will fill up fast with this many folks.

Leo, you have a handicap plate, you can park where every you want.
punk.gif

I made it. Spokane to the Federal Way Marriott; the longest single day ride I have done to date. I can tell it is just the beginning on this FJR. I am not too tired and I found a new place I didn't know existed today; Dry Falls. The wind from George to Snoqualmie where I had to take the freeway was aufull but all in all a good day. Now time to go next door for dinner and a beer. See you all tomorrow!

https://www.google.com/search?q=dry+falls+wa&oq=dry+falls+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.4577j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espvd=1&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=WPK7f_aO-S3tLM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.parks.wa.gov%252FImageRepository%252FDocument%253FdocumentID%253D995%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.parks.wa.gov%252F251%252FDry-Falls-Visitor-Center%3B400%3B193

Bryan, I know it's late in the game but I would like to attend. Please pm me with your address in case I get lost. I could use some help bleeding front brakes.George, see you at Carnation Starbucks 8AM
smile.png
Deal, or pick you up in Duvall on the way through?

--G
Carnation is just as easy for me, thanks for the offer. See you in the AM!

I'm also caught between heading down I-5 and then cut over to Auburn or heading out to Monroe and catching up with everyone. Is it a hard place to find, easier to get to from the back roads or just cool to catch up with everyone and ride in together?
Scott
@Scott, you're welcome to hook up with us in Monroe or meet up in Carnation. It's fun to get some tire kicking in early and prep for the day!

--G