SS braided brake lines

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starwars6651

Reaction score
Hi. Is it really worth getting a set of stainless steel braided brake lines? Does any one have any experience with HelUSA?

Thanks.

John

El Reno, OK

Hi. Is it really worth getting a set of stainless steel braided brake lines? Does any one have any experience with HelUSA?
Thanks.

John

El Reno, OK

Not for the abs. To realize any benefit you would need to replace every brake line. I don't know if you've looked or not but there is probably 8-12 different lines. I think that would run you $300 at least for the lines alone, not to mention one hell of a nightmare bleeding session.

They do help but I would not do it again. ABS has so many brake lines that it's a pain in the butt to do. And as edjo69 says, its a real pain to bleed. I had to load my bike on a trailer and take it to the local shop to get all the air out and I have a vacum bleeder.

Worth it on my '05 ABS, but a pain with one line. It's even trickier on the Gen 2 and more lines. The model you mentioned are great. as well as Spiegler.

Worth it on my '05 ABS, but a pain with one line. It's even trickier on the Gen 2 and more lines. The model you mentioned are great. as well as Spiegler.
Gunny two lines for front!!! You really feel the brakes better and they don't waste some of the pressure expanding the other (old) lines, so more pressure goes to the calipers. I do NOT have ABS. I will always get SS lines on every future bike.
BTW - It really helped with the clutch.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, the FSM calls for replacing the lines every four years so, if you plan to own your bike long-term, you'd only have to do it once, as the stainless are a lifetime deal....