ST Comparo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way bike sales are going it maybe a while before we see a new one. The BMW is way overpriced the C14 looks pretty good , but not that much difference other than a 6th gear, and it is not as ugly.

Speaking of pricing, can anyone explain why the MSRP for the BMW 1300 is $19,150 south of the border and $21,825 north, whereas the Yammie is $15,190 south and $21,199 north?

Is it just me, or is there some inconsistencies here?

Speaking of pricing, can anyone explain why the MSRP for the BMW 1300 is $19,150 south of the border and $21,825 north, whereas the Yammie is $15,190 south and $21,199 north?Is it just me, or is there some inconsistencies here?
It has to do with trade/tariff/import/export issues -- the different agreements between different countries. I had it all explained to me once by a Volvo salesman in Winnipeg. At the time, a Volvo in Canada sold for several thousand dollars less than the same Volvo in the U.S. -- mostly due to a different trade agreement, concerning motor vehicles, between Canada and Sweden v/s U.S. and Sweden (Canada wanted trade -- U.S. didn't?)

Hey..., you guys got LADAs (we were askeered of commies, or sumptin...?)

P.S. -- my BMW riding buddies are telling me BMWs are selling really cheap right now (several of them have just bought new ones)

there are no duties in Canada on motorcycles, because there is no domestic motorcycle manufacturing, cars are a different story.....I have observed over the past decade or so that BMW is very responsive to changes in the exchange rate, yet all the Japanese marques are not at all.

It maybe ending, I read that Buell was taking with Bombardier Recreational Products in Canada. Since they make the Rotax , it maybe a good match for him and hopefully Buell can come back in Canada