staintune exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering the staintune slipons but wondered who is the best source....
I hope its me......

Staintune at SportbikeEffects.com

Don't forget that SportbikeEffects.com gives a 10% discount to Forum members on purchases of $50.00 or more. This discount is calculated from the advertised prices (may or may not be MSRP), and applies to product totals on our Web site. Here is how it works. During the checkout phase of an online purchase, there is a box where you can place a Discount Code or Coupon Number. Your Coupon is "FJR1300". The discount will be figured automatically on checkout. Telephone orders also apply.

I have the staintunes on my '04, and had them on my bmw. they look, sound, and perform great. the sole us distributor is cbt imports in california. they sell for 770. fabone has a link to a site for 699. you won't find them much cheaper. i don't think they have gone up much since I bought mine two years ago. you will really dig the sound with the baffles out. not at all unpleasant, and quiet unless you really get on it, then they come on but not too loud..........VT

Go with SportbikeEffects.com. I bought my Leo Vince's from them, and if my math is correct, you can buy the Staintunes (10% discount to FJR owners) for 675.00. Besides, they support this and other forums and the head honcho rides an FJR. Do the right thing! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with SportbikeEffects.com. I bought my Leo Vince's from them, and if my math is correct, you can buy the Staintunes (10% discount to FJR owners) for 675.00. Besides, they support this and other forums and the head honcho rides an FJR. Do the right thing!
+1

when adding slipons to the Fjr is it necessary to add pwr commander or can stock fuel management system accommodate change in resistance from stock? will appreciable improvement be apprecitated without remapping? Curious as to how many have changed out stock exhausts? Happy with change? thanks.

thanks , i went back and did the search on pipes so i am pretty much set on the Statunes just wondering if the PC111 is needed ?

I have Holeshots on mine, w/o PCIII, I've had no problems. Others have had to go to the PCIII without slip-ons because of surging. You won't know until you put the pipes on but if you are not having problems right now, you will probably be okay with just the pipes.

thanks for feedback, haven't had any surging issues so hopefully i'll keep it simple. Looking mostly for a bit more character for the bike. I guess after 14k new pipes is cheaper than new bike. i went with SportbikeEffects.com//figure keep the business in house<went with staintunes oval//had them on a VFR at one time>