StarCom BTM-02

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
In the process of upgrading (or downgrading depending on your perspective) from a Zumo 550 to Zumo 665.

Of course I just recently bought all new Starcom cables and re did all my power and audio wiring. :/

Anyway, the 665 is mounted where it goes between the bars. I'm going to leave the 550 cables up there in case I need audio from the backup GPS which is now my 550, which now sits on the left when in use.

If you don't know the 665 mount has a rather long tail, that you plug into instead of the mount itself. Hopefully this will help keep the cradles working longer.

So those 6 foot cables that are buried to run to the front of the bike (starCom is under the rear seat), are a tad long. The tail when routed ends up under the front seat, so in effect I need like 2 foot patch cords to patch from the StarCom to the zumo 665 tail.

But I looked at the BTM-02 bluetooth dongle and it's roughly $100, about the same as 2x Starcom anything cables.

Has anyone used this module? If so how well does it work?

I'll use the Zumo for audio/entertainment. I have 12GB of tunes in the new 665 and will have XM as well.

Also will use the iPhone either paired to the Zumo or this module if it works as advertised but I'm a bit skeptical.

Any advice?

Really no feedback?

Had a good conversation with Jeff.

Going to order one today and see if it works as advertised.

-MD

I've used one for years with my Starcom1 Digital unit. I just have a dumb ENV2 phone so I know not how it will work with a BT-enabled Zumo. It's been flawless with my phone.