Starcom dumb question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodstock

Reaction score
I just bought another Full-face hit (one of the speakers had gone out on my previous one), and as I was starting to install it, I realized that I couldn't tell the Right from Left speaker. Is the headset stereo? How do you tell right from left? One of the speakers is on a longer cord than the other.

It's sterio, but I don't think the headset is marked left and right. Doesn't really matter, I suppose. The longer cord goes to the far side of the helmet, ie I wear my connection on the left side of the helmet and the long cord serves the right ear piece.

You may wanna PM Jeff over at sportbikeeffects.

Yea, it's easier on my helmet to have the cord come out the left as well (there's a little elasitc loop in the chin piece to keep the cord tidy), although the speaker cords are probably long enough to put either speaker in either ear place, I just put the longer one on the right. Figure I have a 50/50 chance, and even if I'm wrong, it's not that big of a deal.

Still to go..

1) Figure out my ipod video 30GB mount. Shuffle currently, but I'd love to have a display and select. The ram aqua-box-2 looks promissing.

2) Continue to be pissed off at Blackberry for not having an auto-answer on the 7100 so I can't use it with the BTM-01 unit. :angry: Might be time for a new phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen to a song off of Revolver (Beatles) on your home stereo, and then compare. The beatles stereo separation is fairly extreme.

I just got an email back from tecstar. The shorter wire is, indeed, the left one.

Last edited by a moderator: