StarCom1 - Wiring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RPRIGG

Reaction score
Hi to all,

Can someone guide me to the best place to connect the StarCom1 to the electrical

system. I want to make the connection by splice/solder, I'm not a big fan of crimmping. If this

was a Vstar I would have no problem. Having made the switch to the FJR I'm not that familiar

with the bike YET. Any help will be appreciated. I am waiting for the Yamaha manual.

Thanks

I ran my power under the tank to the battery using some heat resistant tubing to protect the Starcom wires. The unit is under the seat.

Pulling power direct from the battery allows the intercom to function with the key out of the ignition. This is nice at a quick gas stop, as I can still communicate with my passenger. Pull the rider headset and the unit powers down.

-Nik

Hi to all,Can someone guide me to the best place to connect the StarCom1 to the electrical

system. I want to make the connection by splice/solder, I'm not a big fan of crimmping. If this

was a Vstar I would have no problem. Having made the switch to the FJR I'm not that familiar

with the bike YET. Any help will be appreciated. I am waiting for the Yamaha manual.

Thanks

I too would go direct to the battery. I patched my Starcom into another switched source on my K1200LT Bmer and it buzzed to beat hell. After contacting Starcom in England they told me it must be wired directly to the battery to gurantee the cleanest sound and "ground". I made the change, and problem solved. My wife and I went on a 3,500 mile trip this summer and were very happy with the unit.

Jason

The good thing about the Starcom is, even if you connect it directly to battery, the moment you unplug your helmet, it turns off.