Stealer let me test ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sitting on one in the showroom-- salesman approaches-I tell him this will be my next bike. Also tell him Ive been riding for 30 yrs on cruisers, but never ridden a "Sport" bike. Too my astonishment he says--" want to test ride it?" How often does anyone get to test ride one? I get the impression its really rare? Am I right?

Well anyway, after I found my voice, I says "yeah sure."

Had a blast. For me coming off cruisers (Vtx 1800 and 1200 Sporster) it was Scary fast. Had no prob. w/the Shifting the AE, but still think Id perfer clutch. Seating sucked for me-- definitely need risers.
I walked in the showroom and in lees than 10 minutes out the door and on a test ride. Did a trade and was on a my new FJR!!!!

One of our local dealers keeps an FJR in his rental fleet. Before I bought I rented and FJR ($50 for a day) and put several hundred miles on it.

I have been pleased with the FJR, and might have bought it without the ability to test it out so thoroughly, but the chance to really put it through the paces before buying totally sealed the deal for me.

VM

I bought my '03 October of 2002 from a local dealer that ordered extras on his own. The fact that they were very difficult to obtain without pre-order (I couldn't since I was moving at the time) meant you had to trust that it was a great bike. Four plus years later there's still no question about it being a great bike.

Though I've gotta admit that if I were on the fence between two bikes, a test ride would definitely be in order...