steering stem sockets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having used "adjustable spanner wrenches for other applications in years past, I KNOW the limitations of that approach... gowed-up slots in the nuts, skinned knuckles, opportunities to exercise one's well developed vocabulary of interesting swear words... the list is endless!
You're not kidding!! Don't forget scratched nearby parts when the spanner slips off (insert creative vocabulary here).

I would like to purchase one of your fine creations. Please add me to the list.

George R.

I was just about to buy a spanner wrench. Add me to the growing list of people who will buy one if you decide to sell them. Thanks in advance.

It occurred to me, why Yamaha possibly did not make their tool this way. To use a socket tool like this one you'd need to fully remove the upper triple clamp. If you are doing a full bearing replacement or major service re-lube, that isn't a big deal as you'll want that all off anyway. But if you are just re-torquing the headset, like between major service intervals, the triple clamp could be just loosened and left in place if using a spanner style wrench. Though I'm not sure the Yamaha spanner is long enough to allow that and get the torque wrench in there.

Let me just add that this socket type just seems better to me.

Last edited by a moderator: