Stem Nut Thermometer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I croak and enter the Pearly Gates, or visit all of my Irish friends in Hell, I have just got to see Patriot Mike's FJR in person!

Swear to God that thing looks like Disney World gone mad, that's a true rolling abortion, but in a good way! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Ok but, make it in broad daylight and bring welding goggles and a mirror. Cause if you don't, it'll burn your retinas. It's like an eclipse. Don't look directly at it. Use the reflection method. :dribble:

Lighten up Francis. A world without a little humor is a dull, dry place.
The problem is your the only one who thinks your funny.

Hold on till I get back-gotta go whip up some popcorn.
It's ok I don't really have anymore time for this childish drama. Ya'll be good.
Rollerdude...lighten up! Yeah, some people might look at that chrome needle thermometer with raised eyebrows...but what do you care? Really? It's the FJRForum. People think I'm a dick because I post too much. People think someone else is a dick because his FJR cockpit looks like a junior high erector set. But what do we care?? I mean really?

We love your great photos and videos...but if you've been around this long and think that people only say nice things to each other...you haven't been paying attention. :D

If I was an admin...I'd say...reread the forum guidelines...there is no crying allowed...or taking your ball and going home. Well, maybe there is...I haven't read them in awhile. :lol:

It's ok I don't really have anymore time for this childish drama. Ya'll be good.
Rollerdude...lighten up! Yeah, some people might look at that chrome needle thermometer with raised eyebrows...but what do you care? Really? It's the FJRForum. People think I'm a dick because I post too much. People think someone else is a dick because his FJR cockpit looks like a junior high erector set. But what do we care?? I mean really?

We love your great photos and videos...but if you've been around this long and think that people only say nice things to each other...you haven't been paying attention. :D

If I was an admin...I'd say...reread the forum guidelines...there is no crying allowed...or taking your ball and going home. Well, maybe there is...I haven't read them in awhile. :lol:
I agree with wheatie. He is an asshole because he posts too much.

Roller tuck your mangina back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gen 1 or not, it's 76.9F air temp

8129077498_6593a70faa.jpg

I can't imagine Mike ever buying another bike. The surgery to transplant everything would be to painfull.

Oh! and by the way the stickers on the windscreen are what hold it together. :lol:

Dave

I can't imagine Mike ever buying another bike. The surgery to transplant everything would be to painfull.

Oh! and by the way the stickers on the windscreen are what hold it together. :lol:

Dave

Is there something missing ? I can't see a gear position indicator.

Wheatie,

Dude, it's not how MUCH ya post, it's WHAT ya post... by the way, great post you put up there. Too bad Roller headed out for a ride just when it was getting interesting. I had to throw out half my popcorn and go ta bed early. DURN!!!!! Actually, Roller got in a couple pretty good shots there.

Roller, wherever you are, keep up the great posts dude. Always enjoy reading your stuff.

Concerning thermometers, Florida's got three temperatures. Hot, Hotter, and Too Hot. Thermometers are depressing. I do a lot more riding if I can con myself into believing that it's not so bad out. Don't need no gismo to prove me wrong. My luck, I'd take one look at the thing, and decide to take the cage to work instead.

Gary

darksider #44

I suggest this one: it takes up hardly any space while traveling, and it's calibrated for old guys...

51OwZhWs7PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Seriously Roller, you're worried about Scooter G's opinion on tasteful? You HAVE seen the photo of him cavorting in his skirt haven't you? :clown2:

The important thermometer is on the bottom with the yellow ring. If it's frozen, plug in your heated gear. If it's steaming, go back inside in the A/C. Easy peasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's that open invitation to visit Nawlins' with all the hospitality I can muster while here

and yes, you'll get the personal tour of Isabella as part of the program...it takes just under an hour !!!

:yahoo:

Nawlin's invitation thread:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=146370

Before I croak and enter the Pearly Gates, or visit all of my Irish friends in Hell, I have just got to see Patriot Mike's FJR in person!

Swear to God that thing looks like Disney World gone mad, that's a true rolling abortion, but in a good way! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Dude. I've worked on it!!! Scary shit indeed!
Dude. I've worked on it!!! Scary shit indeed!
I have to ask you a question here Walt! Can you actually see through the windshield past all of the crap that Patriot has in the way?

Or is this like flying a Stearman or DeHavilland tail dragger biplane where you have to look out at the side of the runway for takeoff!

Ok but, make it in broad daylight and bring welding goggles and a mirror. Cause if you don't, it'll burn your retinas. It's like an eclipse. Don't look directly at it. Use the reflection method. :dribble:

I agree with wheatie. He is an asshole because he posts too much.

Roller tuck your mangina back in.
Welcome from San Diego!