Stem Nut Thermometer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suggest this one: it takes up hardly any space while traveling, and it's calibrated for old guys...

51OwZhWs7PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
who would buy this with a picture of this drag dude on the package?
Well, SkooterG and HotRodZilla to name two; then followed by BikerGeek99 and Bustanut joker, plus you would also have RadioHowie and majicmaker!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighten up Francis. A world without a little humor is a dull, dry place.
The problem is your the only one who thinks your funny.

Hold on till I get back-gotta go whip up some popcorn.
It's ok I don't really have anymore time for this childish drama. Ya'll be good.
Rollerdude...lighten up! Yeah, some people might look at that chrome needle thermometer with raised eyebrows...but what do you care? Really? It's the FJRForum. People think I'm a dick because I post too much. People think someone else is a dick because his FJR cockpit looks like a junior high erector set. But what do we care?? I mean really?

We love your great photos and videos...but if you've been around this long and think that people only say nice things to each other...you haven't been paying attention. :D

If I was an admin...I'd say...reread the forum guidelines...there is no crying allowed...or taking your ball and going home. Well, maybe there is...I haven't read them in awhile. :lol:
I agree with wheatie. He is an asshole because he posts too much.

Roller tuck your mangina back in.
Welcome from San Diego!
Just sayin, nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys have been so helpful on this thread, it seems like a great opportunity to ask what you think of my idea to mount a rain gauge on the bike. That way I'd know whether it was time to put on my rain gear. This is the one I've been looking at:

Rain-gauge-photo_0.jpg

It's only $162.50. Serious replies only please.

The rain gauge is an excellent idea! You would also want to have a snow gauge, so you would know if you shouldn't ride. But then you'd start really cluttering up the bike. What to do?

Well, you can get a combo snow gauge/thermometer, so you'd kill two birds with one stone!

2008-12-22-video.jpg

It all started with a simple question.... but then it is Friday.....prepare for the dogpile.

A sampling of relevant responses:

Refrigerator magnets... temperature of my stem nut... true rolling abortion...bring welding goggles...People think I'm a dick...tuck your mangina back in...you're having reproductive issues...Waaaaah!...My stem nutt is 98.6 and cavorting in his skirt.

I'd say these are spot on! Roller should now be able to move ahead confidently with this input.

On a serious note, would the stem nut be a good place to get a valid reading of the temperature not affected by the heat from the bike? The tank on my '05 gets pretty warm.

You guys have been so helpful on this thread, it seems like a great opportunity to ask what you think of my idea to mount a rain gauge on the bike. That way I'd know whether it was time to put on my rain gear. This is the one I've been looking at:

Rain-gauge-photo_0.jpg

Splendid Idea!

However i'd more than likely to pee in it fuking up your yearly rainfall statistics

It all started with a simple question.... but then it is Friday.....prepare for the dogpile.

A sampling of relevant responses:

Refrigerator magnets... temperature of my stem nut... true rolling abortion...bring welding goggles...People think I'm a dick...tuck your mangina back in...you're having reproductive issues...Waaaaah!...My stem nutt is 98.6 and cavorting in his skirt.

I'd say these are spot on! Roller should now be able to move ahead confidently with this input.
Best post of the thread!! Priceless! :clapping:

Rain-gauge-photo_0.jpg

For a lot cheaper I'd say you could get one of those rope weather stations.

https://engravingdragon.com/WeatherRope.html

I like to refer to mine as a Nut Stem Thermometer...

It's a more accurate description and certainly better than saying simply... johnson.

Hey!! don't get on my case you Manatee luvin goat fugers!! U know who u are!

It is still Friday right? ;)

People think I'm a dick because I post too much.
Gee, Wheatie... I certainly don't think so. :rolleyes:

:p

On a serious note, would the stem nut be a good place to get a valid reading of the temperature not affected by the heat from the bike? The tank on my '05 gets pretty warm.
And Geezer gets the prize for the only on-topic post in this entire thread.

Regardless of what all the forum pundits think about its excessively high price, or the shiney polished chromomium, or even the too hard to read small scale... the damn thing wouldn't work as intended anyway. Too much of the engine's heat circulates through there, so it wouldn't give you the ambient temperature. Which is probably why the 2nd and 3rd gens have remote sensors and digital temperature displays.

People think I'm a dick because I post too much.
Gee, Wheatie... I certainly don't think so. :rolleyes:

:p

And Geezer gets the prize for the only on-topic post in this entire thread.

Regardless of what all the forum pundits think about its excessively high price, or the shiney polished chromomium, or even the too hard to read small scale... the damn thing wouldn't work as intended anyway. Too much of the engine's heat circulates through there, so it wouldn't give you the ambient temperature. Which is probably why the 2nd and 3rd gens have remote sensors and digital temperature displays.
My GenII thermometer reading is allways 2 degrees hotter. I am curious if they are adjustable or is it set up like the speedometer? :blink: Close is good enough.

Dave