Stereo speaker mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Smitty

Reaction score
Has anyone installed an audio system with external speakers on their FJR ?

Thinking of possibilities of surface mount or small flush mount through the faring.

Any pics and/or speaker model #s would be great.

Probably the most useless thing you could do to the bike. Anything that would fit would not be able to play loudly enough to use, and nothing on the bike is sturdy enough to really be a speaker mount, nor is there any enclosure to speak of, meaning no frequency response.

You'd be far better off spending the money on a headset or earbuds.

If your interested in listening to music then I suggest you use your GPS, MP3 player or an aftermarket FM radio. Bluetooth or hardwire to your helmet.

If your interested in attention blasting tunes while riding. Then as suggested, "Buy a Hardly"

Good luck,

Thanks for the advice (not the Harley, the headset). Am seriously looking at the headset/intercom, but was curious if anyone on the forum had come up with something interesting before making the purchase.

Hey grys, thanks for the great advice. I found a Harley with a killer stereo and some nice speakers like you suggested. I got rid of the stuff I didn't want and kept the speakers. So, what do I do with them?

Gary

darksider #44

By they way, the guy at the scrap yard loved your idea about the Harley:)

Thanks for the advice (not the Harley, the headset). Am seriously looking at the headset/intercom, but was curious if anyone on the forum had come up with something interesting before making the purchase.
While at Daytona last week, I tried on a helmet equipped with a set of speakers. I plugged in my ipod. Yuch. Weak base, weak volume, no comparison to my "in ear" ear buds. You might want to borrow a helmet with speakers in it and check out the sound for yourself. Obviously, I only tried one product, so my experience is limited. Please consider giving the guys on the forum a chance to respond before you buy...Gary

darksider #44

I bought a set of Logitech Bluetooth headphones, and modified them to fit my helmet. I basically rewired the buttons to an external set. One button was for Play/Pause/Power and the other skipped to the next track. Worked Pretty well, but I upgraded to the J&M system when I got the FJR.

I did a writeup with pictures on it on another forum (which is down this morning). But I can post it over here if there's any interest.

Last edited by a moderator: