STS Turn Signal Harness for Gen 3 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those do not appear to be the same connectors as my Gen 3 Facelift (LED Lights and 6 speed gearbox) version but might well fit the original Gen 3 model.

I have replied to Bill's post but my reply is apparently being moderated.

Richard
That fits my 2020 ES and they have a non ES version. 2016-2024 should be the same.

This is now my third attempt at typing this. What an atrocious website design!

Auto-Click https://www.auto-click.co.uk/

SUMITOMO 6189-1092 Housing13-AC0011£4.15£4.15
8100-3455T-02520£0.22£4.40
8100-3617T-026100£0.22£22.00
SUMITOMO 6188-4914 Housing13-AC0031£4.93£4.93
7165-1312S-03650£0.12£6.00

You need a larger size of weather seal.

Richard
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your repeated attempts at sending me the parts required and where from I really appreciate that. I see you soldered your loom but I will get the crimpers as my soldering skills are useless are as my wiring skills unfortunately but I like the idea of the self cancelling indicators so I will give it a go.

Kindest regards

Bill

Maybe the non-ES version would the right one for the UK 2016-20 model?
I bought two and modified one of them with two relays so I have a switched relay when the headlights come on (not on when you turn the key on, comes on after the starter is used) & the other for when the high beams are on so I have one at work I can take pictures of but I'm 99% sure they are the same connectors and my service manual show it the same.

I bought two and modified one of them with two relays so I have a switched relay when the headlights come on (not on when you turn the key on, comes on after the starter is used) & the other for when the high beams are on so I have one at work I can take pictures of but I'm 99% sure they are the same connectors and my service manual show it the same.

But when you compare them with my Gen 3 Sumitomo connectors in the photo above, they look different.

But when you compare them with my Gen 3 Sumitomo connectors in the photo above, they look different.
I don't think you can tell from the website pictures, I've got it at work and Monday is a holiday here so I'll take some pictures Tuesday and post them and I think you will see that they are the same. Lets continue this when I've got the pictures posted.

OK, the ST2 is installed and it works fine. I've not modified the indicator switch yet but the electronics are all working perfectly.
The good news is that the common indicator wire Pin 12 which is Brown on the bike side (Blue/Red on handlebar side) of the connector is a stable switched live as I suspected so as you're already tapping into that wire you can simply use it for the +ve to the ST2. No extra wiring is required other than a ground wire for the ST2 but that can be attached to any convenient earthed bolt.
Hi Richard,

I'm going to order the parts this week, I don't suppose you live anywhere near the Gatwick area do you just in case I run into trouble making the loom?

Kindest regards

Bill

As an alternate Clearwater makes a harness with a highbeam relay, you could cut out the relay and use the harness. It's only $15. B729 harness
Thank you for the heads up on the harness, I will order as that should save me from making a mess of things trying to build my own one up.

Kindest regards

Bill

No problem, if you were closer I'd give you the one I pulled the relay off.
I've ordered from the site you recommended so thank you for that. The one you have with the relay removed are the 2 wires needed for the relay used for the st2 turn system?

Kindest regards

Bill