Stupid F***ING WOMAN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully MAC (Motorcycle Awareness Campaign began in Louisiana) which is moving nationally is a move in the right direction. It brings together all motorcyclists, all motorcycle organizations to a common goal; educating the public to look out for us on the road...

Pissed ???

Here's something you can do about it; especially if somewhere within range of Chicago

the below email is being shared by motorcyclists near and far:

The Son of the Woman (Anita) that was killed is reaching out to the Motorcycling community to show up at her Wake and or Funeral. Below is a piece from another site. If you are in the Chicagoland area, can get free, let's show up and take a stand against these distracted drivers that are becoming an epidemic on the roads........

SEE BELOW;

I just got off the phone with Anita's son Greg. He thinks it would be great that we all get together and go to his moms wake or funeral.Lets show our support for Anita and go. Lets hear some feedback and come up with a game plan. Ahlgrim Family Funeral Services 415 S Buesching Rd Lake Zurich, IL 60047 Thursday 5/7 between 3pm & 9pm. The funeral service will be Friday @ 10am.

Stevie D.

Chicago

Maybe this will help make the cagers aware of the seriousness of things,

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Distracted driving causing accident should = $2,500.00 fine

Distracted driving causing death - Vehicular Manslaughter min 5 yrs max 15yrs

I think this is more than reasonable

PS - the next bike in the ditch because he was watching the F'n GPS same applies

Later

....I just got off the phone with Anita's son Greg. He thinks it would be great that we all get together and go to his moms wake or funeral.Lets show our support for Anita and go. Lets hear some feedback and come up with a game plan. Ahlgrim Family Funeral Services 415 S Buesching Rd Lake Zurich, IL 60047 Thursday 5/7 between 3pm & 9pm. The funeral service will be Friday @ 10am.

Stevie D.

Chicago

Maybe this will help make the cagers aware of the seriousness of things,

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
I will try to go Thursday night. VERY sad story...no amount of punishment can put this right...but something MUST be done...in the name of justice...and for all the victims, past, present and future.

". . . I wish that . . . focus was better placed upon awareness and driving skills in practice. . .
Rich, you make some great points. It's amazing how many plain unskilled drivers are out there, without any appreciation of the subtleties that every driver should totally be master of every minute they're behind the wheel: things like proper lane position, signaling, anticipation, reading the conditions (yeah, like skiing) and so many more. Like, um, PAYING ATTENTION! If you ever watch those police chase shows on tv, it's the guy who gets broadsided by some maniac being chased. Yeah, he had the green light, so he just blithely drove on through. Most of the time, a quick glance as he approached that intersection would have been enough. But you have to be paying attention. Yeah, the initial driving tests, and periodic and regular re-tests for everyone, as well as the rehabilitative "traffic safety classes" should be a hell of a lot harder than they are.

some states will give you a discount for being a licensed motorcyclist
That would be great. Or maybe a motorcyclist who can get through a good skills test and has the record to back it up. But then, I think we should also have our own speed limit, too. :lol:

And by the way,

". . . (he) ended up flying a glider full of troops behind German lines
From what I've read, flying those gliders full of troops or equipment was like trying to fly a boxcar. I'm glad he's lived to 84 (so far).

". . . it would frighten you to ride with me for a day . . ."
Aw, Mikey, I wouldn't be a-scared. I trust you. :D

Here's the reply I posted to this same topic on my local rider's forum:

Let me just take this opportunity to hop up on my little safety soapbox for a moment:

When riding among the cagers, I try to go just a bit faster than the flow of traffic, and seek gaps in traffic to give me shelter. When at the same speed or decellerating, I am focusing just as much attention to my mirrors as I am to possible hazards from the rest of my field of view. When I'm not lane-sharing, I generally stop in the left-hand tire track of the traffic lane, for two reasons:

1. To put my left foot down while stopped (not onto oil-soaked asphalt) while leaving my right foot to hold the brake pedal down, keeping the brake light array (yes, I have an array, two additional sets of brake lights) lit for conspicuity. I keep the brakes on until a car behind me has completely stopped, then I'll sometimes put my right foot down, if the road's not too slimy. I like to think that some of the drivers even figure out what I'm doing, which raises their awareness, if only a tiny bit.

2. To have an escape route, between rows of stopped cars or hard left into the crosswalk without crossing previously-mentioned oil-soaked asphalt.

Many riders are injured and killed each year while stopped. I NEVER sit in traffic with the bike in neutral, unless I need to use my left hand momentarily to do something besides hold the clutch in.

I try to liken my riding strategy to being an NFL running back who's just been handed the football, anticipating every possible defender's attempt to hit me. When accelerating away from traffic, they can't hurt me. In the open field, I'm safe. When passing other vehicles, I move to the part of the lane farthest from them, and I don't waste any time going by. I cringe when I see riders on the freeway, in staggered formation, slowly passing big rigs just a couple of feet away, when there's five or six feet of perfectly good safety margin being wasted to their left or right. When I need to get by a big rig, I'll hang back until there's room in front of him, then blast on by, as far from the truck as the pavement will allow. Those things blow tires all the time, throwing chunks of rubber as big as alligators that will remove body parts from a rider.

As riders, we are propelling ourselves down the road "Commando style". There's no steel cage surrounding us, so we're more vulnerable than anybody else out there. Think of yourself as inside a delicate bubble in a world full of needles, and keep that "bubble" as big as you can through a practiced and comprehensive safe riding strategy. NEVER count on some car to do the right thing to keep you alive. And I don't waste my time trying to make eye contact. I'm busy watching their cars for signs of encroaching movement, like rolling tires or any sideways motion of the front part of the car.

I saw an encouraging bumper sticker last night while out riding a couple of errands. It said "Look twice, save a life - Motorcycles are everywhere!".

It's available at https://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/...cker/166363855

I saw an encouraging bumper sticker last night while out riding a couple of errands. It said "Look twice, save a life - Motorcycles are everywhere!".It's available at https://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/...cker/166363855
That link didn't work for me. I found this one: https://bumperstickers.cafepress.com/item/s...umper/260473721
I bought some from a lady who lost her son. I've got about 20 left. PM me, and for a self addressed stamped envelope, you can have one.

savealife.jpg