sun glare

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little blue

Reaction score
How do I stop the sun glare on my speedometer

riding in different directions sometimes the sun

will totality black out the numbers?

JD

You could look into an N-Line Dash Shelf:

380566276_6BoGm-L.jpg

Cheaper options would include turning, moving your head to the side, or riding at different times of the day (after sunset in particular)
rolleyes.gif

Or Seattle. I live in NM, and very seldom have had that issue. Maybe a different helmet visor? I went tinted a couple years ago, and will never go back.

Polarized sunglasses work for me. You could also ......

1) Turn left or right onto a different street.

2) Ride under a tree canopy or through a tunnel.

3) Cover the speedometer with duct tape.

4) Close your eyes.

5) Just be grateful it isn't raining. Wait!!! You live in Connecticut, so just be grateful it isn't SNOWING.

I love Fridays, and GO FALCONS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a dash on order. The bad influence was slow but it worked. It's going to provide so much shade I'll have moss on the gauges.

4) Close your eyes.

5) Just be grateful it isn't raining. Wait!!! You live in Connecticut, so just be grateful it isn't SNOWING.

I think polarized sunglasses suck. I get a psychedelic whirl of colors form both my helmet visor and the wind shield.

rbentnail posted: I think polarized sunglasses suck. I get a psychedelic whirl of colors form both my helmet visor and the wind shield.
You sure that's not from the tequila?

4) Close your eyes.

I think polarized sunglasses suck. I get a psychedelic whirl of colors form both my helmet visor and the wind shield.
Gunny that shit! The ONLY time I've ever been car sick was during a trip to Denver on my VTX. I had polarized Oakleys on inside my helmet. The rainbows and waves in my face shield made me want to hurl. I had to stop outside of Santa Fe to switch the lenses and catch my breath. I traded them off for standard lenses the next week. Puke!

Polarized glasses DO suck. Same thing happens when you pull up to a gas pump and can't see the display on the pump, thinking it's broken. Ditch the glasses and voila, you can actually see the numbers on the screen. Same is probably happening on your speedo if you are using polarized sunglasses.

I have two sets of polarized sunglasses. They cause display problems. There is no substitute for polarized in snowy or sandy situation, or on the water. But they do have drawbacks. Fewer with higher end manufacturers, but there'll be some side effects regardless.

Polarized lenses can be dangerous for motorcycling and are not recommended. They don't let you see wet spots on the pavement. When you pull into the gas station and there is a spill you may not see it.

Like I said on the other forum, get a parrot and train it to sit where it provides shade where you need it.

PS: Don't get a polarized parrot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ride when the sun is shining?

(Click on image for larger view)

(Well, it's Friday
smile.png
)