Sunday Ride to the Wall in Berkeley (March 2, 2008)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, MadMike2, where were you when we needed you? :huh: We had to resolve this without you this time. :(
But, Hans, I left it in your ever-so-able hands! ;)

Actually, I was at Roseville Yamaha collecting my repaired FJR (Tick Fix and cam chain tensioner)...

...and riding the now-quiet engined bike home! :yahoo:

I just "popped in" here to see how the teeming hordes are doing. It looks to me as if you haveit well in hand. :clapping:

Damn I wanna go... But spring cleaning for an upcomming family visit keeps me at the ranch instead :angry:

Ya'all have fun and post a nice ride report so I can pretend I was there having fun instead :D

Have a fun day, I will be patching holes in the walls caused by the Brown Alsatian Squirrel Bitters. :glare:

Technically, it's Sunday already. All you normal day time folk are sleeping.

JB - have a great ride. If I wasn't working a bunch of 3rd shift OT I'd be there.

I don't care where the road goes or the politics of the local road inhabitants. I ride for the road.

It's on my list this summer to explore SF. My lady friend used to work there and knows the back streets, good sights and food. When that happens I will definitely invite you and Fang too.

In the meantime JB, keep posting the rides and enjoy the great bike we own and sunny CA weather too...

Edit: I know Jeff well enough to say he did not mean any offense to you and the ride. For what it's worth...

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, it's Sunday already. All you normal day time folk are sleeping.
JB - have a great ride. If I wasn't working a bunch of 3rd shift OT I'd be there.

I don't care where the road goes or the politics of the local road inhabitants. I ride for the road.

It's on my list this summer to explore SF. My lady friend used to work there and knows the back streets, good sights and food. When that happens I will definitely invite you and Fang too.

In the meantime JB, keep posting the rides and enjoy the great bike we own and sunny CA weather too...

Edit: I know Jeff well enough to say he did not mean any offense to you and the ride. For what it's worth...
Thanks for the note, Don. And it would be great to get together with you and our SOs when you're in SF. It's such a great city. Fang and I spent a day in SF a couple weeks back, walking, sight-seeing, and having dinner sitting on the sidewalk at a great restaurant in North Beach.

See ya,

Jb

Here's your ride report: We rode!

Hans came to my house around 1:30 or so. We fiddled around, then headed over to the bottom of Redwood Road. Got about 15 minutes into it when a slow car turned in front of us. From then on, it was a parade all the way to the Wall. It was a gorgeous day and everybody was out. We saw tons of bicyclists, cars, and even some hikers on the road. Hung at the wall for a bit, ogled the Berkeley rice rockets (oh, and one nice spaghetti rocket) then I got the call from my wife and daughter to go meet them at the park. Adios Hans, let's do it again! And thanks for the idea.

Sorry I didn't mention politics, just that I won't be going there, ever. Please don't make this political, I didn't . . .
I'll tell you why yours and BE's responses feel rude (and insulting) to me as a person who's inviting others on a ride-- Let me put it this way, How would you feel if you invited someone to your house for a fun time and nice dinner (no, I don't live in Berkeley), and over the dinner table they offered you a plate of vegetables? Instead of politely saying "No thank you," or your not picking up the plate in the first place, you exclaimed to them in a harsh tone, "I hate vegetables! I'll never eat vegetables!" That's what a child says, and we teach them manners. It's not how adults respond, because it's rude.

Didn't make it political? Give me a break!
Sorry to offend you JB. I was just trying to be funny but I guess it failed.

Sorry to offend you JB. I was just trying to be funny but I guess it failed.
I appreciate the apology. Sounds like I brought some sensitivity to the equation. Sorry.

JB

P.S. Emoticons are our friends. :)

Hans came to my house around 1:30 or so. We fiddled around wrenched on the bikes, then headed over to the bottom of Redwood Road. ...Adios Hans, let's do it again! And thanks for the idea.
With this crowd, you can't be too casual in your language.... :eek:

Alway enjoy riding with you and look forward to the Don Quixote ride on the 22nd.

E.g., "Don't be dissin' my hood or I'll go JB on yo ass"! ;)
I like it. :D Might finally get some respect around here.... :glare:

Oh wait. Did you mean....? :unsure:

FWIW I thought you turned that around rather well JB and I'll come to Berkley and eat veggies any time. :cheffsmiley:
Thank you. I'd love to show you around town: "Over here we have Berkeley Yamaha, and over here is the Wall, and over here are the protesters against the Marines...." Oops! :blink: Everybody run! :p