Bay Area Ride Labor Day Weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I may be in for this one, if I get my house chores done.

BUt I have all next week to ride I am off work

So this is a Maybe ,maybe

Skyliine drive?!! I'm in! MM2, since youz guys are meeting a bit further away, I'll just beat feet over solo and meet y'all a Sbucks in WC.

Skyliine drive?!! I'm in! MM2, since youz guys are meeting a bit further away, I'll just beat feet over solo and meet y'all a Sbucks in WC.
Great to have you. Anyone who wants the GPS route, PM me with your e-mail address. I'll post the route later. This will be shared destination, meaning some of us at the front may want to stretch our legs. 'Cept the longer I ride the more I realize you can practice your lines and leaning off and all that stuff without wicking it up too close to one's personal edge. The pleasure is in hitting the lines and being smooth; speed will come with that, but isn't necessary, 'specially when you have squids coming the other way...! (ref. dCarver's Duc thread). Stay right to stay alive!

Jb

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Google route.

There is gas at the Starbucks. Please gas up when you get there vs. on the way out. :huh:

Just got back from a 4-hour solo ride along Highway 128 to Winters, then back, coming out at Napa. I think I'm really getting the hang of the hanging-off technique Lee Parks taught us. I can carry more speed with greater confidence through turns, including decreasing-radius. And working the throttle and brake at the same time brings it all together. More fun tomorrow! :yahoo:

On my ride I ran into and chatted with four riders from Chico. It was like the mismatch from the Incredible Journey. There was some old BMW square block, a Busa, and a couple of Victorys.

And at one point I got lit up by a CHP black and white coming around a corner onto a straightaway. Fortunately I was doing around the speed limit, and had on all my bags. Anyway, once you get connected to the curves, you slow down in the straightways anyway... Isn't that part of The Pace? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the Google route.
There is gas at the Starbucks. Please gas up when you get there vs. on the way out. :huh:

Just got back from a 4-hour solo ride along Highway 128 to Winters, then back, coming out at Napa. I think I'm really getting the hang of the hanging-off technique Lee Parks taught us. I can carry more speed with greater confidence through turns, including decreasing-radius. And working the throttle and brake at the same time brings it all together. More fun tomorrow! :yahoo:

On my ride I ran into and chatted with four riders from Chico. It was like the mismatch from the Incredible Journey. There was some old BMW square block, a Busa, and a couple of Victorys.

And at one point I got lit up by a CHP black and white coming around a corner onto a straightaway. Fortunately I was doing around the speed limit, and had on all my bags. Anyway, once you get connected to the curves, you slow down in the straightways anyway... Isn't that part of The Pace? :rolleyes:

Jess and I are still in. See you in Walnut Creek at 845ish. This ride is nice. It's in our backyard. lol. In fact, we will intersect with San Pablo Dam Road at one point, and we live about 3miles down that road. This ride is similar to what i do when I get off work early, or when Jess and I want a quick little ride in the afternoon. Looking forward to doing with a group. See you all tommorow!

...Fortunately I was doing around the speed limit, and had on all my bags. Anyway, once you get connected to the curves, you slow down in the straightways anyway... Isn't that part of The Pace? :rolleyes:

Just the best parts of The Pace (cornering speed set EARLY combined with good line choices). The straight bits in between may as well be ridden relatively near the speed limit.

Not gonna make this one, JB, but it sounds like fun. Enjoy.