Super Brace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerfjrfaster

Reaction score
Hopefully Warchild has the new Pix's of the completly redisgned Super Brace, there's to be a Group Buy in Dec.

And here they are:

sb1.jpg

sb2.jpg

sb3.jpg

sb4.jpg

rogerfjrfaster :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shhhhh! Don't type that notice in British! They'll wank about trying to beat the VAT and get all pissy again! :secret:

Looks smashing, old chap, what? :beee:

Stef

PS: Hooray for the Group Buy, where do I sign?

I clicked on the thread, and saw that block sitting there, and figured, well, considering the engineering that was evident, a buck was a decent price.......... I'll probably be in on this one, in any case.

Will there be a version that fits the '06? I'm with Rad, for a buck I'm in. Who would have thought to look for a fork brace in the middle of all that metal? Got chips?

Alan

Now that looks like a quality piece of construction....

Are super braces really all that necessary? Im not sure what the benefits would be.... Mabye you guys could educate me on this...

Warp

So can we part exchange an unused Superbrace from the original G/B

Are super braces really all that necessary? Im not sure what the benefits would be.... Mabye you guys could educate me on this...

Warp
The brace makes an amazing difference in front end feel. I put this piece just behind the Wilber's shock as the single most important improvement made to my FJR.

First, it tightens up the front end in corners so that you track true and smooth on your line. Second, when going over small road imperfections (like turning into the little lip of your driveway where it meets the street) the brace eliminates the bendy-wobbly feeling you get - you know, like one leg reacts then the other follows. Lastly, straight line stability is enhanced as well. As the saying goes, 'Don't leave home without it."

PS: Don't get the gay-assed polished version. You'll get beat-up by the schoolyard bully! ;) :D

Are super braces really all that necessary?    Im not sure what the benefits would be....  Mabye you guys could educate me on this...

Warp
The brace makes an amazing difference in front end feel. I put this piece just behind the Wilber's shock as the single most important improvement made to my FJR.

First, it tightens up the front end in corners so that you track true and smooth on your line. Second, when going over small road imperfections (like turning into the little lip of your driveway where it meets the street) the brace eliminates the bendy-wobbly feeling you get - you know, like one leg reacts then the other follows. Lastly, straight line stability is enhanced as well. As the saying goes, 'Don't leave home without it."

PS: Don't get the gay-assed polished version. You'll get beat-up by the schoolyard bully! ;) :D
For once, you can actually BEE-LEAVE what the TwinNutster has to say. Word. Even a grandpa style rider like me noticed an immediate difference. MUCH more stabile, solid feeling.

Sweet.... put me in for a group buy.... where do I sign up... (the non gay-assed unit please)

and what the best place to get the Wilburs shock...?

The second picture (the one with the finished product sitting in front of the billet blank) looks as if the forward edge has chatter marks all along it. Does it really look like that or am I just seeing reflections from the carpet that everything is sitting on?

The second picture (the one with the finished product sitting in front of the billet blank) looks as if the forward edge has chatter marks all along it.  Does it really look like that or am I just seeing reflections from the carpet that everything is sitting on?
What you're seeing are scallop marks left from the machining process. They are created by the end mill each time it steps over. This type of milling is called point to point machining, where a single line of G-code is generated at set intervals of around .0005 of in inch or less, in order for the cutting tool to follow the curved surfaces shown. The brace shown in the picture has a very poor surface finish and looks like the toolpath has a stepover of around .020-.030 of an inch. I would guess that they will have some buffing on their hands to clean it up.