Super Brace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The obvious question is how $$$?

But MY question is, from the photo, there are drilled, and I assume, threaded holes for fork protectors in the top plane of the brace. Are they going to be aluminum or some thermoplastic material?

The obvious question is how $$$?
But MY question is, from the photo, there are drilled, and I assume, threaded holes for fork protectors in the top plane of the brace.  Are they going to be aluminum or some thermoplastic material?
In the previous models, the fork protectors have been stainless steel.

Although the black-anodized Superbrace (seen below) has its fork protectors power-coated black.

new_black.jpg

black_installed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How will this designe be an improvment over the original straight bar?
Even without ABS, I think it has an advantage in aesthetics as well.

I wonder if the bug bouncers should be taller on this one since the brace itself isn't going to catch any bugs and other stuff before it gets to the shields and fork tubes.

In the previous models, the fork protectors have been stainless steel.
Although the black-anodized Superbrace (seen below) has its fork protectors power-coated black.
That's what I'm talkin' about! :clap:

I am in like Gunga Din.

Would it fit 06?? :dribble:
Y'know, that's a great question.

I recall a head-on picture of an '06, similar to this one:

stu-mcy06-90-14.jpg

which showed the area between the forks much better than this pic. Not nearly as dark. And I recall the dished out fender of the 03-05 had been replaced with a much more "normal" looking fender.

So working off of memory, I'd say "no", the redesigned SuperBrace probably will not work on an '06

Here's a photo from the '06 intro in California shot by forum member Highlander (I knew I remembered this view).

It clearly shows the fender has a normal crown to it unlike the dished-out 03-05 front fender. I believe the flattened/concave 03-05 fender was to increase airflow to the already constricted radiator. The new curved radiator with dual fans on the '06 will flow more air and has more surface area than the previous years, so a "normal" fender is now "allowed".

I stick by my previous assumption. The redesign won't work.

IMG_0328.jpg

I like the look of the redesigned SB. I would like to get one too. How much $? And when. Christmas coming and I haven't bought a thing for the FJR in two years. (gas, oil, tires and routine maintance excluded)

Please post official information regarding this product:

When?

How much?

From who?

John

I'm interested,,,, I have one on my old '80 CBX and remember :erm: (when I put it on 20+ yrs ago) that it made a noticable difference....

HOW MUCH??

Thanks,

Ben

Yes the marks were buffed out and it is on my bike, it looks alot better than the orginal as it is almost hidden when looking from the front, and yes it makes a hudge differance in feeling the road planted and alot less squirm in the hwy grooves.

rogerfjrfaster :D