Superbike (April 25 - 27)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
Anyone planning to attend the Superbike races being held in Fontana later this month? I hate to admit it but this will be the first Superbike race Ive attended. I've watched them on TV for years, but never actually attended a race like this before. I'm really looking forward to it. I've been to numerous MotoX races and a Endurance race held in Indianapolis several years back.

I have not heard much about the effects of Superbike racing since the AMA sold the rights. Hopefully the sale won't have adverse effects on the outcome. Although I have heard the manufacturers have become quite nervous about the whole deal. If they make the rules more like NASCAR and even the score between the riders, the independent riders will like it better.

I have been to several AMA races at Fontana over the past few years, driving about 120 mlies each way or so. It's worth it to go at least once. You can enter the dry pits and check out the race bikes being set up, etc. I have noticed that the vendors get fewer each year. Last year there were no Demo rides as in years past. The crowds are fairly dismal in number. Either a good thing or bad. I am debating to ride my one month owned '07 black cherry since I have a vacation day from work on Sunday or go for a local ride with the gang...decisions, decisions.

Tom

That's too bad to hear about Fontana with declining numbers. At Infenion near where I live I've been attending for the last 5 years and it just keeps getting bigger and better. More vendor's each year, demo rides, which increased to 3 manufactures providing those last year. Last two years they added SuperMoto USA and the SBFreaks street freestyle riders. This year they have added a Motocross race and also Geoff Aaron will be doing his Trials exhibition which is something to see. I'm looking forward to this event and I also hope to be working at Laguna Seca again this year at one of the CMA helmet and leather checks. Don't miss that one! Take care, PM. <>< :yahoo: