Surrounded by PUSSIES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh I am having my seat spencerized, but after reading this post I think I will take a ride around the block on the frame. To prove I am not all of the above.

Buck

Dls.TX

..........maybe, and this is just a thought, these so called "pussies" are just schmarter than you?
dunno *shrug* :p
No, no.... dat's the wrong perspective, doll!

See, it's an issue of *dedication*.... *motivation*....
bling_cool.gif

That, or.... um...... maybe those pussies *are* schmarter..... :huh:

D'oh.... :blink:

;) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So where I work, we have a good 12-15 motorcyclists that often ride to work.
Strange, though... there has been one single bike in the parking lot all week... my FJR.

Evidently, I am surrounded by PUSSIES.... just because of a little cold! :rolleyes: :lol:

Thermometer on the West Richland city kiosk said 5 degrees F when I past it on the FJR this morning at 5:30am. I don't bother with the Warm-n-Safe liner for a mere 8-mile commute to work... but I was mighty thankful for the V-Strom handguards and the +2/+3 Cee Bailey's, I'll admit that.

My garage is insulated, but unheated... it was a nominal 30-ish degrees when I fire the FJR up in the morning. Motor spins through the 5-40W Yamalube just fine at these temps.

But in the late afternoon, the battery really strains trying to spin the motor though molasses-like oil after sitting outside all day exposed in these temps. I actually cringe trying to start it up in the afternoon to go home.

Stupid-ass winter.... :angry2:

If none of the other bikes are FJR's, then you have your answer. The enjoyment we get riding the FJR just isn't there with their bikes!

If none of the other bikes are FJR's, then you have your answer. The enjoyment we get riding the FJR just isn't there with their bikes!
Ahhhhh......but there's the rub. At least one of those other bikes IS an FJR. And it's owner, apparently, one HUGE GAPING PUSSY!

Oooops! Sorry Iggy. I couldn't resist.

:D

Sadly, of of these bikes is indeed an FJR..... I don't want to mention any names.....

[SIZE=8pt]but his initials are "Ignacio"....[/SIZE]

Worse that that.... one of the bikes is a massive, ginormous 2008 Victory Vision... a freaking rolling barn door..... :blink:

Oh, Sorry Dale, I thought this was WESPAC storytime....then I saw that 4 letter word....work...nevermind, but good on ya for showing those cager posers what real bikers do...we ride ! ( as i sit in a blustery 58F....) I rode here though !

Blessings whilst nippling errectly then,

Bobby

..........maybe, and this is just a thought, these so called "pussies" are just schmarter than you?
dunno *shrug* :p
Touché!

Feeling the need to compensate for something? Seems to me that after "Hell Week", you shouldn't/wouldn't need to.

Evidently, I am surrounded by PUSSIES.... just because of a little cold! :rolleyes: :lol:
Warchild, it's funny you posted this observation because I had the exact same thought today riding into and home from San Francisco today. First of all, we've had a real cold snap here in the Bay Area last couple of days. On Sunday night we had rain and snow, and riding in Monday morning I passed several cars with snow on their roofs and hoods, and the local hills and mountains were dusted white.

Today there was no precipitation, but the temps were colder than when we got the snow. Here's what my thermometer looked like before I headed out to San Francisco this morning:

4170971048_03817f81be.jpg

Naturally my Widder electric gloves failed last Friday, right before the big cold snap. At least my Widder vest was working. So I doubled up on my gloves (using liners), put a sweater and sweatshirt over my vest, then my 'stitch, and ventured out for the 30-mile ride into the city. I wish I would have mounted my video camera because it was about 20 miles of lane sharing.

Anyway, apart from two riders on the Bay Bridge, during my 60-mile round trip I did not see any other motorcyclists. And coming home I thought, "What have we got here, a bunch of fair-weather motorcycle commuters? It's not even raining! What a bunch of pussies!"

BTW, although for years I did the Bay Bridge slolom every morning, I haven't had to commute into SF for more than a year and am out of practice, so I took it easy and was amazed by the two bikes that passed me at break-neck speed and disappeared up between the already fast-moving cars. And I thought, "Is that what I used to do???" :blink:

8 mile commute??? Is Carver going to send you a CBA membership??? :lol: :lol: ;)
Great idea, me thinks the CBA kitty will grow to 'Fat Cat' status once I get ol' num-nuts Warchild enrolled! :unsure: :lol:

When it gets really cold, e.g. below 25F for 1 hour 1 way commutte, I ride Wabs, a DL650 with knobbies. Lighter weight, easier to manage when she slips on ice, like this morning. All bridges except *one* were covered with light covered sand, same color as the concrete, doh!

And yep, when I arrived, I was the lonesome dove rider from the Hondarosa.

All mi amigos? Not to be found,

PUSSIES ALL!

:****:

Hugs n Kisses

I wish I would have mounted my video camera because it was about 20 miles of lane sharing.
Seems I did shoot some video of a day exactly like this one when I used to commute into SF (albeit that day had less congestion than I had today, and wasn't quite as cold, only 34 ):

Surfing the freeway pipeline. B)

...two bikes that passed me at break-neck speed and disappeared up between the already fast-moving cars. And I thought, "Is that what I used to do???" :blink:
Um, well.... :yes: :yahoo:

Okay, so we got hardcore riders and pussies. Where's the dividing line? I mean at what point does hardcore disolve into stupid or, pussy into.. uhm.. er.. pussy.

... [whole bunch of shit deleted]

My thresholds (for riding on paved roads):

Won't ride below 60 or rain (any temp) = Fackin' poser.

Won't ride below 50 = Pussy.

Rides between 32 - 50 = hardcore.

Rides below 32 = stupid.

I'll explain the stupid threshold because I've been there. About 3 weeks ago, 3 of us hardcore guys were indoctrinated into the stupid club on an ramp between highways. Its through a rock cut and even at 2 in the afternoon, the sun wasn't on it long enough to melt the black ice that accumlated over night. I went through first suspecting black ice but staying in the tire track. At about 35mph I felt the front end skip out 5". Pucker. Sandy on her Hayabusa was behind me. Behind her was Paul on his new VMax, who was the only one to read the road surface ahead of time and came through at about 5mph.

So, freezing = stupid.

All that being said, I've ridden a CR250 with studded tires on ice a PILE of times. That shit's just fun!

Okay, so we got hardcore riders and pussies. Where's the dividing line? I mean at what point does hardcore disolve into stupid or, pussy into.. uhm.. er.. pussy.

Rides below 32 = stupid.

I'll explain the stupid threshold because I've been there. About 3 weeks ago, 3 of us hardcore guys were indoctrinated into the stupid club on an ramp between highways. Its through a rock cut and even at 2 in the afternoon, the sun wasn't on it long enough to melt the black ice that accumlated over night. I went through first suspecting black ice but staying in the tire track. At about 35mph I felt the front end skip out 5". Pucker. Sandy on her Hayabusa was behind me. Behind her was Paul on his new VMax, who was the only one to read the road surface ahead of time and came through at about 5mph.

So, freezing = stupid.

All that being said, I've ridden a CR250 with studded tires on ice a PILE of times. That shit's just fun!
YAY! I'm a hardcore. Also, stupid. I guess :blink:

Rides below 32 = stupid.

So, freezing = stupid.

Pussy is as Pussy does, just sayin'.. :****:
Me thinks freezing = stupid in certain times, but then again,

'I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed'

'My elevator doesn't go to the top floor'

"I'm as sharp as a marble"

'You don't have a pain receptor in your body' (quote from the orthopod, naturally)

but... I ride in relatively dry country, so below 32 doesn't *usually* = slippery roads. It did today though, and I was pretty happy to be on a lighter bike (DL 650 with knobbies) and I slowed it down a bunch too. Then again, I took the twistiest curviest coldest road home, just because..

Even with elevated danger, it's still worth it to me,

this week I saw my hood in a much different, and beautiful light-

early morning sun peeking through a silvery crystal morning..

Don't get to see that every day, and I like it that way,

although tonight it seemed colder than normal, body wise, and I felt the stinging needles on the face, and passive, non-heated gloves with liners weren't cutting it.

But would I rather 'suffer' for an hour and experience the ride,

knowing it's 'only a freaking hour', PUSSY, and a hot tub awaits you?

Ride baby, ride...

Soon enough you won't be able to

and you might wish you had...

just sayin'

:****:

Hugs n' Kisses

ps, Dale, membership? :lol:

YAY! I'm a hardcore. Also, stupid. I guess :blink:
You get hardcore without ever thinking about temperature. The fact that you rode hundreds of clicks below 40F just confirms it. As for stupid, your Canadian AND an NB'r, its genetic :D