Surveys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOWSkunk

Reaction score
In the last couple months, I've received 3 different surveys from three different compaines, including one directly from Yamaha, asking me about my purchase of my FJR. I'm getting tired of filling them out. Have any of you been getting these surverys?

Yeah I got one from Cypress a few weeks after the purchase in May.

Now, 4 months after the pickup (& 11,106 miles later), I got a survey request from JD Power. Also, 4 days after I received the JD Power survey forms I got a postcard reminder from JD Power reminding me politely to fill out the survey & send it back.

Still haven't filled out either one, don't know if I'm going to or not. I may just write a letter & send to the Cypress marketing droids...

In the last couple months, I've received 3 different surveys from three different compaines, including one directly from Yamaha, asking me about my purchase of my FJR. I'm getting tired of filling them out. Have any of you been getting these surverys?
WOW, if you are tired of them, whey do you keep filling them out?? :blink:

Yeah, I got two surveys. One Yamaha and I forget the other (not JD Power).

I figure since they sent me the hat I could return a completed survey to Yamaha. :D

I got a survey directly from Yamaha last month about the FJR I received in July. The questions were primary about rating the dealership and sales person.

No, have not received any surveys, or hats, (that was another thread)- nothing.

In fact, I didn't receive my YES warranty papers until 4 months rolled by... :angry:

Dealer, of course, had no answers.....

I also rec. two surveys. One from Yamaha and one from some company I don't remember. Nothing exciting about both of them. :agent:

I received and filled out the J.D. Power survey after they sent the second post card. It was rather extensive, and I did it in three sittings.

Ron

If I get a hat, I'll fill out my survey as well. Otherwise, what's my incentive to provide them with valuable information? Unless of course I had a really bad experience with the dealer.

Otherwise, what's my incentive to provide them with valuable information? Unless of course I had a really bad experience with the dealer.
How do you expect a product to ever get any better without real world rider input. I'm sure these things are tested in and out, but it still can't compare to what we as a collective group gather through our daily experiences with the bike. If you don't wanna fill out a survey, fine. That just means my input will carry that much more weight in the grand scheme of the marketing department. That is of course assuming that cypress actually gives a rats left ass cheek.

That being said I've recieved no surveys, but mine was bought used.

That is of course assuming that cypress actually gives a rats left ass cheek.
Your points are valid. But are they surveying just to make us feel like we've got a say or are they actually doing anything because of our surveys? They could at least communicate a little better to us. I guess I could of completed the survey in the time I used to post my opinion... :bigeyes:

I got a survey request from JD Power. Also, 4 days after I received the JD Power survey forms I got a postcard reminder from JD Power reminding me politely to fill out the survey & send it back.
Same here - just mailed it out today in fact.

Surveys are a way of tracking customer satisfaction.

Dealers need to maintain a good rating with manufacturer to get products.

If you're happy with dealer send a good reply. If not tell it like it is.

JD Power is industry standard for ratings, MANY things.

Seems like customer satisfaction should be a high priority to any dealer. But to some it's not.

Mailed the JD Power survey out today. Praised the price and dealership at D&H;thumbs down on lack of color choice and PDP program; actually enjoy surveys.