Suzuki hand guard installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, can someone confirm that these P/Ns (57541-06G10-291 & 57341-27G00-291) as found on FJRTech site are indeed the hand guards with the tabs that attach to the barends. The reason I ask is that the image shown on the Suzuki parts fiche do not show the tabs - I suspect they reused the earlier tabless image...BTW, these guards cost $13.43 & $11.91 respectively at Babbits Sports: Babbitts

The required longer bolts are also $10.70 each.
One of the handguards they shipped were a different number and they said that has replaced the prior number. The bolts I bought at ace hardware and will be doing install one of these days but they were 1.16 for 2 and included lock nuts. stainless steel 1 1/2 inch

Hi all, can someone confirm that these P/Ns (57541-06G10-291 & 57341-27G00-291) as found on FJRTech site are indeed the hand guards with the tabs that attach to the barends. The reason I ask is that the image shown on the Suzuki parts fiche do not show the tabs - I suspect they reused the earlier tabless image...
Correct, then did.

The 2004 and later "COVER, KNUCKLE" wrap-around style are not shown on Suzuki's fiche; the 2003 and prior models are displayed instead. Dunno why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow-up:

The part numbers (57541-06G10-291 & 57341-27G00-291) are indeed correct for the newer, "wrap-around" style shown here on FJRTech.

However, according to Guru Glen, Suzuki recently changed the part number for the RIGHT Hand Guard by a single digit, but the part is IDENTICAL, and the correct, wrap-around style arrives whichever number is used.

The new RIGHT Hand Guard p/n is: 57341-27G01-291

The part number for the LEFT Hand Guard remains unchanged.

For those of you who don't want to dink around and get hosed on your order, Guru Glen has sold a gazillion Hand Guard kits over the past few years. It is $55 for the entire ensemble: the correct Hand Guards, the special pivot bolts, the phillips-head fasteners, various washers and nyloc nuts. Keep it in the family, guys; support the dealers that supports us! :D

For those of you who don't want to dink around and get hosed on your order, Guru Glen has sold a gazillion Hand Guard kits over the past few years. It is $55 for the entire ensemble: the correct Hand Guards, the special pivot bolts, the phillips-head fasteners, various washers and nyloc nuts. Keep it in the family, guys; support the dealers that supports us! :D

Warchild, I'd love to keep it in the family. It's getting to be a bit cooler at 5:30 in the morning, I'm ready for this farkle. Point me to Guru Glen.

Thanks!

Brodie

(Glen at FJR Goodies at Desert Valley Powersports: 509-786-2383)

Finally bit the bullet and did this. When I called, he chuckled, having just filled three other Hand Guard orders. ("You FJR guys come out of the woodwork when the weather starts to turn...") Great to get the exact kit needed, knew exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks and a suck up for the FJR Tech article! Cut out the little piece for the clutch play. Widened the bar end openings (enough to ride on top of the Throttlemeister, in my case). Mulled over the 'right side higher bolt issue' on the other thread, and decided: no big deal. Ignacio's close-up photo also excellent.

I need all the help I can get on this stuff. They (the Guards) work like a champ, very solid, no movement or flutter. Best farkle out of the dozen or so done so far. Effect was pleasant and immediate. Even in mild weather, nice to have the wind blast gone. In cold weather: Priceless! Nice match for my foot guards...