Suzuki ST

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definitely leans far more to the sport side of things. Not bad looking either. I wonder what the bags would look like?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
More info:

Clicky

Looks like competition for the VFR1200 and Triumph Sprint GT
Why, well now, I'll be, I mean imagine that!

That article called the FJR a big fat overweight TOURING PIG!

" Sportbikes that can tour, not purpose-built touring rigs like the FJR and Concours 14. "

There you have it, we're all riding big phat gurlz! :blink:

Well, you have to agree with that, sort of...

I mean, our FJR (and the Concours, ST13, K13GT, etc) may not be the fattest girls at the party. That dubious privilege goes to the Old Wings and new K16GT/GTL. But our girlfriends are decidedly, ahem... plump.

One could argue that the Wing-abago and K16 are really single purpose TOURING bikes (i.e. no Sport in their blood) which would mean that our FJRs (and the others mentioned above) are holding down the "Touring" end of the Sport TOURING category range.

There is a lot of room at the other (SPORT) end, for the kinds of bikes that don't have shaft drive (believe it or not there are a lot of people that do not like shaft drive), adjustable windshields, larger longer range fuel tanks, etc. These may not be what YOU (or I) are looking for in an ideal ST bike, but the bike companies must firmly believe that are a lot of other buyers for whom this kind of bike is appealing or else 3 separate bike companies wouldn't have come out with new models of this type in the past year (Honda VFR, Triumph Sprint GT and now this Suzuki).

Meh,

No motorized windshield and I glom on the bags? :blink:

It's a glorified Bandit, IMO.
Not only that, but it's got a chain. Ugly and lame.
Basically it is the same as the 1250 Bandit with a few more options and redesigned fairing. I recently had a Bandit before it got written off by a bad cager.

Did 62,000km in 3 short Canadian summers. Great bike, awesome power and good mileage.

Best bang for the buck.

Luggage can be done by Givi which is who is supplying the "factory luggage".

If you don't like the mess of a chain, Scootworks does make a belt drive conversion. They also make belts for Busas so they must be tough.

4797952359_376b60f216_z.jpg

It does NOT have the weather protection of an FJR but is a lighter bike with similar power characteristics.