SW MI, NW IN, NE IL Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2wilson

Reaction score
Just wondering if there would be any inerest in putting a day ride together? I live in SW Michigan not far from Indiana or Illinois(about 35 miles from South Bend and 90 from Chicago)an figured it might be fun to get a group together to put in a good day of riding. I don't have a perticular day or route in mind, just wanting to gage interest and then figure out when the majority of those interested can make it. Post up if your interested!

Josh

I'd definitely be interested. We did a SW Wisconsin Spin a few years ago that was a lot of fun and a little better area to ride.

Here's a link to it CLICK We could just do that route again or make a new one. There's plenty of places to stay in Madison. It's a little farther to go for you so you might not to do that area. It's just a suggestion. I'd be interested either way.

My son (on his XJ600) and I are looking to do a Friday/Saturday/Sunday ride into SW WI in August...probablly the weekend of 17/18/19th...so I doubt I could do two rides too close together.

You boys have fun.

How aboot you make a SSK or bun burner outa this?

It's 14:00 an I'm under the influence

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Josh,

Live right next to you in St. Joseph. I have a couple coworkers that go riding around the area quite a bit. One guy has a brand new Ducati Multistrada and the other an R6. Coloma Motorsports does Tuesday night rides that we hit every once in a while also. I would be interested in a day ride. My wife rides a FZ1 but is definitely not into the longer rides. Short, nice weather rides is her thing.

Thanks for the post. Great idea.

John

277-2724

Thanks verybody for the sugestions. I was thinking more of a day ride though. I don't mind putting in a long day(several hundered miles), but I can't get away for a weekend ride right now. 2000LX, that sounds great. I work in St. Joe. Do you by chance work at Whirlpool? I work at the Coast Guard station and see an FJR at their campus by the river all the time. We will have to get together for a ride for sure.

Josh