Switched to the 09 Emblems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
I just changed my Emblems from the 08 stickers to the better looking chrome 09 versions.

Before Right

P1030409.jpg

Before Left

P1030411.jpg

After Right

P1030415.jpg

After Left

P1030416.jpg

R

OK, owning an 06 which as you know has nothing on the side, I am curious about the cost of the 09 emblems and how you afixed them...

OK, owning an 06 which as you know has nothing on the side, I am curious about the cost of the 09 emblems and how you afixed them...
They have adhesive on the back, and the bad news is they retail for $52 each.......

I got them from Gary McCoy at Mondak Motorsports for $38 each i think.

R

Well aren't you a bundle of fun.......

And no need to shout we heard you the first time.

R

Jesse, the part number is 3P6-2839B-00-00 for either side. Cost from what I can see is $52.20 each which is before any discount you might get at your dealer. I have a set ordered for my 07AE and have been waiting for over two weeks now. Not sure what the hold-up is but then again, it isn't really riding weather here with the 16 inches of snow we got lastnight. :angry2:

I just changed my Emblems from the 08 stickers to the better looking chrome 09 versions.<SNIP>

R
It's STILL a GAY BIKE! :clapping:

...Damn, I resemble that remark. :dribble:

Well, all except for the emblems... I say GO NAKED!

p251507071-4.jpg

Damn my Betty looks GOOD! :devilsmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Sure got some shiney lookin' bikes there! After this weekend's ride including rain and 20 miles of gravel, mine looks pretty tired.

Bob

Wait, you're supposed to wash em?

Ok all joking aside, I like the decals on those bikes and I do occasionally wash my bike.

I just changed my Emblems from the 08 stickers to the better looking chrome 09 versions.<SNIP>

R

Well, all except for the emblems... I say GO NAKED!

p251507071-4.jpg

Damn my Betty looks GOOD! :devilsmiley:

=======

Yes she does.......... :yahoo: :yahoo: :rolleyes:

B

I just changed my Emblems from the 08 stickers to the better looking chrome 09 versions.R

Duff - At least you don't have those ghey emblems.

You should have seen Richard at the 2008 MC show in Long Beach last December. He fell in love with those emblems and wanted to tear them off the show bike! He was looking around getting his lighter out to soften the glue, prying, etc. It was so embarrassing. :dribble:

You should have seen Richard at the 2008 MC show in Long Beach last December. He fell in love with those emblems and wanted to tear them off the show bike! He was looking around getting his lighter out to soften the glue, prying, etc. It was so embarrassing. :dribble:
Emblem Envy... IT'S SOO SAD. :hyper:

Looks good...I thinks. Still a little uncertain about it.

But I will say I dropped eyes on these on an 09' sitting at my local dealer and thought

about the same thing you did. Being an old car/truck enthusiast I appreciate chrome

emblems...so they did catch my eye. 100% better than those cheesy stickers (sorry 08's).

I got stripes too and figured it would look too busy. But I was wondering what they'd

look like on the saddlebags...but then I haven't had my bags on in a year. So never

mind.

Looks good...I thinks. Still a little uncertain about it.
But I will say I dropped eyes on these on an 09' sitting at my local dealer and thought

about the same thing you did. Being an old car/truck enthusiast I appreciate chrome

emblems...so they did catch my eye. 100% better than those cheesy stickers (sorry 08's).

I got stripes too and figured it would look too busy. But I was wondering what they'd

look like on the saddlebags...but then I haven't had my bags on in a year. So never

mind.

Stripes on saddlebags

Side104_1702.jpg

Front104_1694.jpg