T-rex slider manufacturing error!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. I'll say this, the T-Rex photo looks heavily photoshopped (at least to my untrained photo eye). Look at the white color, it's too bright on the near side of the barrel, you can see where the color changes, and it doesn't look real smooth in the transition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I'll say this, the T-Rex photo looks heavily photoshopped (at least to my untrained photo eye). Look at the white color, it's too bright on the near side of the barrel, you can see where the color changes, and it doesn't look real smooth in the transition.
That's what I'd say too. Don't know why he made it black-white though. Maybe to make it easier to photoshop? Feel free to e-mail me at christophe 'at' bike-design.com. I can send you our original picture (2048 x 1536 pixels, in the file properties you see the picture was made Monday June 18th 2001 at 5:26PM) so you can see how real that one looks to you. Nothing to hide here. :)

That's what I'd say too. Don't know why he made it black-white though. Maybe to make it easier to photoshop? Feel free to e-mail me at christophe 'at' bike-design.com. I can send you our original picture (2048 x 1536 pixels, in the file properties you see the picture was made Monday June 18th 2001 at 5:26PM) so you can see how real that one looks to you. Nothing to hide here. :)
My right side T-rex cracked, I bought it around Sept of 08, I sent them a picture of it and they sent me a new one at no cost. I would say their customer service is pretty good. Yes I bought that brand due to the price, Bike Design I looked at your web site, prices are considerably higher for yours, why don't you offer a discounted price to the forum members and I for one "if the PRICE is right" might be willing to bite.

My right side T-rex cracked, I bought it around Sept of 08, I sent them a picture of it and they sent me a new one at no cost. I would say their customer service is pretty good. Yes I bought that brand due to the price, Bike Design I looked at your web site, prices are considerably higher for yours, why don't you offer a discounted price to the forum members and I for one "if the PRICE is right" might be willing to bite.
Hey Strike3, we're thinking about building up partnerships with a couple of forums, like this one... We'd then propose a group discount so that the kit becomes more affordable. We'll never be able to go as low as T-Rex' prices because we some of our (optically identical) kits cost more just to produce then what T-Rex offers them including taxes and shipment. That alone says something about the quality difference. Sure, if you live in China or Pakistan, where you let kids do the job for a dollar a day, you can make it really cheap and perhaps even make reasonable quality. But if you live in Europe or the US (like we do and T-Rex does), then you pay a lot for manufacturing hours and you can try to make the difference by using low quality material, using material that makes the production easier but that is rubbish when you crash, having no development costs because you steal the designs, allowing large production tolerances or stuff like that. I'll shut it now, I'm getting angry because of that bozo again...

We can make a nice price effort for a group buy though, but you'll read all about it when that time has come. ;)

Hey Strike3, we're thinking about building up partnerships with a couple of forums, like this one... We'd then propose a group discount so that the kit becomes more affordable. We'll never be able to go as low as T-Rex' prices because we some of our (optically identical) kits cost more just to produce then what T-Rex offers them including taxes and shipment. That alone says something about the quality difference. Sure, if you live in China or Pakistan, where you let kids do the job for a dollar a day, you can make it really cheap and perhaps even make reasonable quality. But if you live in Europe or the US (like we do and T-Rex does), then you pay a lot for manufacturing hours and you can try to make the difference by using low quality material, using material that makes the production easier but that is rubbish when you crash, having no development costs because you steal the designs, allowing large production tolerances or stuff like that. I'll shut it now, I'm getting angry because of that bozo again...

We can make a nice price effort for a group buy though, but you'll read all about it when that time has come. ;)
Good solid rebuttal. I'll buy in when the group buy becomes available. Let us know.

Well, different bike, different story, same lame and cheap quality. I used to own a Suzuki GSX 650F and had put on some frame sliders from T-Rex, sure after the fact, if you know what I mean ;) .... So installed them, seemed happy for about 5 mins (metaphorically meant), than I found out that one of their slider holders actually blocked my fan, which led to a burned fan motor, I was able to buy a used part, because the OEM part price was just outrageous. I ended up, dismantling it and calling it, lesson's learned...... T-Rex me? HELL NO!! :blink: