T-Rex

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was one of those running around my neighborhood last year (2007). It looks like a lot of fun, but seems more dangerous than a two wheeler because it is small enough to not be seen, but too wide to be able to escape a bad situation.

I saw this on NOPI Tunervision on the Speed Channel (I watch it for the tuner cars... Not). It looked like a real blast to drive, but reminds me of a 3-wheeled dune buggy. In this "Y" configuration, I'm partial to the Can-Am Spyder.

It looks like a lot of fun, but seems more dangerous than a two wheeler because it is small enough to not be seen
I had a chance to play with a T-Rex and his bud in a Midget MG. The T-Rex may have been bigger than the MG! To achieve a low CG most dual front tire machines put the occupant(s) almost between the front wheels. The T-Rex is nearly as wide as a Cadillac.

T-RexFront.jpg

T-RexSide.jpg

T-RexRear.jpg

T-RexInterior.jpg

ZX14R Powered 1400R

• Horsepower: 187 hp (139 kW) @ 9500 rpm

• Torque: 114 ft•lbf (155 N•m) @ 7500 rpm

• Acceleration 0-60 mph: 3.5 seconds

• Lateral acceleration (200-ft skidpad): 1.9 G

• Top speed: 157 mph (253 km/h)

• Braking Distance 100 mph (200 km/h)-0: 305 feet (93 m)

If it were <$20k I would own one. Since it is >$40k I'll buy a small fleet of motorcycles instead :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There was one of those running around my neighborhood last year (2007). It looks like a lot of fun, but seems more dangerous than a two wheeler because it is small enough to not be seen, but too wide to be able to escape a bad situation.
Agreed.

And, as a small car afficianado, I tend to think metro I-state traffic (trucks and big SUVs) and small vehicles are not mutually agreeable. Little things just may not be seen. I have a friend whose fond of small sportscars -- Lotus, DeLorean, RX-7 -- and this is one of his biggest fears. He says they need whip antennas with flags/lights like desert/dune vehicles.

I found trying to ride the Can Am Spyder at any speed at all ( 60 - 70 MPH ) to be a frightening experience. I can't imagine taking this thing over 100 MPH. The big advantage to the T-Rex is, of course, you're sitting in a seat, strapped down, and using a steering wheel....as opposed to a handle bar. Still, if it's as sensitive as the Spyder is to steering input, it'll take some brass balls to really run it.

And does anyone actually think this thing's worth over $60K? Considering the kind of resale these have been seeing, $60K is outrageous. You can buy 4 very powerful motorcycles for that kind of money. Oil changes are a nightmare and the reverse on the thing has been problematic at best. The guys on the T-Rex forum are hammering on any owner who tries to sell these off cheap. Sure, it's a real cool toy, but the pricing on them need to get a grip with reality.