Tail Bag option for solo riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for doing the leg work for me Capt. I think I am going to get the CL-150, and either leave it in the compressed position unless I am going on a long trip, OR I will fabricate something to make it rigid when expanded. Thanks again for looking into it for me.

Thanks for doing the leg work for me Capt. I think I am going to get the CL-150, and either leave it in the compressed position unless I am going on a long trip, OR I will fabricate something to make it rigid when expanded. Thanks again for looking into it for me.
Now there's a model CL-200, and it is stated to be 1" shorter and 1"narrower than the C-100 and C-150. So it may fit in the space easier. They're about $75.00. One sold on E-Bay today for $50. I was too late to bid.

If I need a softbag think I would stick with the magnetic tank bag with soft underside mesh. Otherwise, the sidebags are pleanty. And I need the space under the back seat. PM. <>< :unknw:

Last edited by a moderator:
My pleasure.

Capt. Bob

Excellent idea, Bunker. If I'd have known this way back when, I might not have made my own hard bag from scratch.

twostoragetrunks2.jpg

BTW....it would be very easy for anyone wanting to attach the soft bag to a seat base. Sure would come off and on much easier. Time for you guys/gals to start searching out used '06 rear seats! ;)
FJRandy

I know the post I'm replying to is very old, but did you ever do a write up on making your own hard tail bag?

That thing rocks!!

If I need a softbag think I would stick with the magnetic tank bag with soft underside mesh. Otherwise, the sidebags are pleanty. And I need the space under the back seat. PM. <>< :unknw:
When I am riding for work I usually have the hard bags packed, the rigg, AND a tank bag. Between drawings, hard hat, clothing for on dirty job sites, the laptop, and all the other crap I need to have "Just in case" I never seem to have enough storage space.

When I am riding for work I usually have the hard bags packed, the rigg, AND a tank bag. Between drawings, hard hat, clothing for on dirty job sites, the laptop, and all the other crap I need to have "Just in case" I never seem to have enough storage space.
I hear ya TriggerT, ever think about adding a Givi or the Yamaha Trunk? You can lock those up as well. I use the large Saddlemen travel trunk if I'm hauling alot of gear on my rear rack. That way I still have the back seat and storage under it as well. If I want to add a bag on the back seat there's still room and alway's run the tank bag when going out. Take care, PM. <>< :D

I did this mod 8 months ago and it is the most useful farkle so far. I keep camera, gloves, hat and anything I want to get at quickly. I added a Zumo and I mounted the XM antennae on the underside of the cover. Wiring runs up through the bottom and everything is completely out of site from prying fingers. Does not interfere with reception at all.

I have thought about adding a trunk, but I am not sure I like the looks, I am sure I don't like the price tag. Maybe sometime in the future if I have a little extra $$.

Hmmm..The deal is no longer there, so I guess i wasn't a close out as much as a limited time sale. Now they are back up into the $60.00 range. I was thinking about getting a back-up for the one I have, but not at "Regular" price.