Tail Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got an email today from Motorcycle Superstore, Fieldsheer bag on sale, 2-piece bag, top part zips on for more capacity. Thinkin' about it myself.

They ship free if you find something else you need and go over 100 bucks on the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
SwollenRaccoon

I am also looking for a tail bag and was impressed with your Cortech Sport Bag setup. I am pretty well ready to order one, except that it MUST be able to load my laptop into it when taking a trip. Can I ask you to check and potentially confirm I can get the dam think in that bag. My laptop is 10 1/2 x 14 1/4 inches. If you can give me that feedback, I'd be "almost" eternally grateful. I'd PM you ... but I do not know how yet!

Rheal

Rheal - I've put my laptop in that same Cortech bag. The sides are expandable, so I think even a 17" desktop replacement style laptop would fit fine. FWIW my lapper is a 14.1" screened HP something or other. I didn't need to expand the sides to fit it.

Cool tailbag, but the base is nylon. They don't say anything about it being waterproof?!?!?! Also doesn't look like it holds all that much. Looks great however.
Waterproof - no. A tiny bit of water will come through around the zipper in a heavy downpour. I just put important things in a ziplock, if I'm worried about them getting wet when there's a chance of rain.

It can hold a surprising amount of items. I've had a small tool pack, rain suit, baseball cap, sunglasses in case, spare set of gloves, spare visor shield, tire CO2 cartridge, tire pressure gauge, a few maps, and my cell phone all stuffed in it with a bit of room to spare.

Can you post a couple pics of that bag on your bike. I'm interested. Thanks.

Rheal - I've put my laptop in that same Cortech bag. The sides are expandable, so I think even a 17" desktop replacement style laptop would fit fine. FWIW my lapper is a 14.1" screened HP something or other. I didn't need to expand the sides to fit it.
Thanks TMC! I am sold ... I will order a Cortech Sport Bag sometimes during the next month!

Rheal

I got that Fieldsheer bag from Motorcycle-Superstore, and while it's definitely a cruiser-styled bag, it's perfect for me. It's designed to hang on a sissy bar, strap to a rear rack, whatever. Has straps and hoops all over the thing. I bungied it to the grab rails using the hoops, and it sits between me and the top case. It's just a bit taller than the top case with the upper bag zipped on, and not as wide. Holds enough stuff to keep me equipped on a weekend without getting in the way. Also came with a rain cover.

75 bucks while they last, can't beat it.

Is that supposed to be a seat bag?

I've got the large motofizz as a seat bag, and it has served me well...
Yes, they're showing it used as a seatbag. I was hoping to attach it to the luggage rack.
I think you might find that it's a bit of a monster. Really designed for bikes without saddlebags I think. It hangs over the sides of the seat. Probably too large for the luggage rack unless you have a big aftermarket one installed.

I looked at purchasing a Givi hard case but decided on the Nelson-Rigg GWR 1000. The N-R made more sense because I could use the bag on both bikes.

The FJR has Premier rack which is ideal for the N-R.

Is that supposed to be a seat bag?

I've got the large motofizz as a seat bag, and it has served me well...
Yes, they're showing it used as a seatbag. I was hoping to attach it to the luggage rack.
I think you might find that it's a bit of a monster. Really designed for bikes without saddlebags I think. It hangs over the sides of the seat. Probably too large for the luggage rack unless you have a big aftermarket one installed.

A large Motofizz mounted to the rear seat. I use ratchet straps to hold it in place and it never moves in the twisties at all.

SF-Bridge.jpg

Thanks for all the Input!!! I went with the firstgear tail bag for my Gen 1 FJR. I put it on the back seat and it had the bungee tie downs that made it a sinch to put on and take off. I still had my rack to use if I need to strap jacket or whatever to.