Tank Bra question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willieiso118

Reaction score
Other than bagster, and stick on tank protectors and magnetic color or carbon, does anyone actually make a traditional leather type tank bra for the FJR? I have an '06 and I'm just looking for a black leather / leatherette type tank bra.... can anyone point me in the right direction??? :dntknw:

This is what I use....

MI_03FJR1300_emb.jpg

...and it's the best I've tried....and I've tried them all. Available in different colors and textures here.

This is what I use....
MI_03FJR1300_emb.jpg

...and it's the best I've tried....and I've tried them all. Available in different colors and textures here.
I have emailed the Canadian suppliers on the list for more info, if that doesn't pan out i'll phone the USA for more info... thanks

BTW how was installation, was it quick and easy or a finicky time consuming event?

Definitely quick and easy: four or five plastic hooks that hook under the bottom lip of the tank and an elastic cord that goes around the front of the tank. You do have to pop off the two black plastic panels on either side of the tank (on the inside of your knees) as well as the saddle. Total install time, start to finish.....5 minutes or less.

that tank bra looks like a better option than my just purchased mag-knight. the mag-knight can be easily lifted off the tank whereas this tank bra is a little more secure.....oh well, might as well try this bra out :glare:

The link goes to https://second-look.com/store/FJR1300_2003_2007.html. Just tried it and it worked just fine.
Sport-tourer: I paid a bunch of money for a mag-knight and HATED it. In fact it's still in it's original box in my garage waiting for me to sell it on the forum. L

Can't tell from their website. Can you still use a tank bag? Or is the bra too think for the magnets to stick? All my electronics are in my tankbag.

Dutch1201

Can't tell from their website. Can you still use a tank bag? Or is the bra too think for the magnets to stick? All my electronics are in my tankbag.
Dutch1201
I use a Big Mak tank bag that attaches to the fuel filler cap, but I don't think you can use a magnetic tank bag with it without some modification (like maybe mounting a set of magnets under it). It is pretty thick.

Does this Second-Skin help cut down the tank heat on the 03-05's?
Tom

I did heat reducing mods at the same time I installed it, so I don't know how much it would cut down on heat by itself. My best-guess estimate would be that it would help......but just a little.

Last edited by a moderator: