Tank Bra

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanfjr

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger today and purchased a new FJR. At this time I own a 2005 FJR (40K miles) and 2010 (244 miles). I am wanting to purchase a tank bra for the new bike. I have a second look bra on the 05 but can't seem to get their website to work. I am wondering what everyone else is using and where you got it. Thanks for any help you can give. John

Have an 04 FJR with 90,000+ and when I bought it, I added a faux carbon fiber strip to the rear of the tank to take care of jacket zipper, tank bag, etc.

Just bought an 07 Wee Strom with a tank bra and after reading the tag-remove if wet, keep inside clear of dirt, etc.-I removed it this afternoon. Is this standard care? Ian, Iowa

Last edited by a moderator:
I very much like the tank bras that Suzuki has for their V-Stroms and Bandits. If I could find one for the FJR GenII, I'd get it. I've found that cleaning really only involves lifting the leading edge of the bra and wiping with a soft cloth. I've not found any grit or dirt getting beyond the front edge. YMMV

I have the Clear Bra from stickercity.com. It is barely noticeable and you just clean it while it's installed on the bike. No muss no fuss. I've only had it for about a month now, so I can't comment on longevity, but so far so good.

I use a Bagster. I have no idea where you'll get it in the USA. If I remember correctly, I ordered mine from Baglux. I've had it for three years now and it's been great. My tank still looks like the day it came out of the crate. (Sorry, no look ma, no bra photos :lol: )

271857699_jSUmF-L.jpg

312932467_b7Xvu-L.jpg

I have a Bagster Tank Bag and Bra from a 2003 FJR that came with my used bike. I am not using it on my 2004 and will be placing an ad in Craigslist soon. If you are interested, send me a PM with your email addy and I can send you pictures.

Thanks to all who have posted. I guess second-look as closed?? I have tried calling the 800 number for Roger but it isn't working. Thanks again for everyone's input. Have a great day and ride safe! John

I have a Bagster Tank Bag and Bra from a 2003 FJR that came with my used bike. I am not using it on my 2004 and will be placing an ad in Craigslist soon. If you are interested, send me a PM with your email addy and I can send you pictures.
That will be a silver bag/bra ? Right Mark ?
The tank bra is silver...I'd have to go downstairs where the gear is to check on the Bag color. Won't do it right now as the family is all asleep.

That will be a silver bag/bra ? Right Mark ?
The tank bra is silver...I'd have to go downstairs where the gear is to check on the Bag color. Won't do it right now as the family is all asleep.
pm'd ya

I've had a Mag-knight for about two years and found it to be the best Tank Bra for my needs. It is easy to remove and clean and most of all does not upset the lines of the tank.

I just wish there was more applications, I would like to have one for my other bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a Mag-knight for about two years and found it to be the best Tank Bra for my needs. It is easy to remove and clean and most of all does not upset the lines of the tank.
I put a Mag-knight tank bra on my '05 when it was new. Worked great, looked good, never took it off even when washing the bike. Then after almost 5 years, the front leading edge on the right side began to loose its magnetic grip. It would begin to peel back in the wind. Finally figured out that the rare earth magnet in my hydration's bite valve must have over the years demagnetized that area of the bra! Who knew?

Anyway, liked it so much that I replaced it a few weeks ago with a new one. The tank underneath the old one hadn't seen the light of day in almost 5 and a half years, and I was pleased to see that it was only a little dusty, but cleaned right up and was in great shape. These things really work. :thumbsup:

ymmv...